: CTS-V Coupe Pick-up: Condensation in Headlamps....

BlackCTSV
05-19-11, 12:55 AM
I was so excited to pick up my '11 black cts-v coupe tonight... but the headlamps got fogged up with condensation because of the rain and humidity on the way home... :-( I've read previous posts about this problem from last year. Has anybody had the problem recently? I absolutely LOVE the car but this issue really got me annoyed. I'm calling the dealer first thing in the morning...

King335i
05-19-11, 05:14 AM
I have it in both of my headlamps as well. In fact, I just got my rear spoiler brake light replaced under warranty because it had condensation inside which had caused 3 of the LEDs to go out.

Gary Wells
05-19-11, 08:16 AM
There were at least a couple replaced back in '09, but GM has since quit replacing them under warranty. One of mine does it a tad also, and only upon occasion. However, only happening occasionally is probably because I don't take the car out much in wet weather.

CTSV4now
05-19-11, 09:59 AM
Had it in one of my headlights. The dealer enlarged the vent hole and that fixed the problem.

The Tony Show
05-19-11, 12:25 PM
If they remove them to clear/enlarge the drain hole, swishing rubbing alcohol inside them before reassembly will also help any remaining moisture evaporate.

GM-4-LIFE
05-19-11, 01:16 PM
I would take it in to the dealer and have it documented at least. They may replace them because the car is so new. I have a 2011 V Coupe and mine doesn't do it at all. If my car did that, I would be taking it to the dealer while it is still fogged up so they can see the condition.

musclesbmf
05-19-11, 04:22 PM
I would be more upset about the front license plate drilled into the front bumper than the condensation.
Mark

tedcmiller
05-19-11, 06:50 PM
I have a 2009 CTS-V and have had no moisture problems or condensation in the headlights.

BlackCTSV
05-19-11, 09:27 PM
I would be more upset about the front license plate drilled into the front bumper than the condensation.
Mark

HAHAHA ... that's really funny. I completely agree with you. But I live in NY and I got pulled over and ticketed for tints and LACK of front license plate on my Audi... (I had to buy a $750 new grill for it with a license plate holder since I couldnt drill into the plastic grill). So I'm not taking a chance again.

I dont know about this condensation thing. It was raining really hard and it was humid last night when it happened. I took the car to the carwash and hosed water on the lamps for about 7 minutes and no condensation. But I'm still taking it to the dealer on Saturday.

BlackCTSV
05-19-11, 11:33 PM
ANDDDD.... it occured again tonight. No rain. Has to do with humidity level and dew point. I'm definitely taking the car back to the dealership. And to add insult to injury, the "service suspension system" message showed up on the screen (it reset after I re-started the car)... Jeez. Two days in this car...

hulksdaddy
05-23-11, 09:20 PM
Ran a V at Monticello today. All three cars had condensation in the headlights.

King335i
05-23-11, 11:22 PM
However, only happening occasionally is probably because I don't take the car out much in wet weather.

In Oregon you only take the car out in wet weather. :nono:

Maybe it's time I move to Long Beach...