570 RWTQ

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/GFORCEROBERT/joshv93.jpg

Race Gas 103 octane

647 RWHP
586 RWTQ

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/GFORCEROBERT/vracegas.jpg

Junkie414
05-18-11, 01:45 PM
Nice! Similar to what I'm doing but with ported heads, catless midpipe and a 10" lower ring

CTSV4now
05-18-11, 02:10 PM
Is it normal for the torque to be that much lower than HP?

EVIL_C5
05-18-11, 02:25 PM
Is it normal for the torque to be that much lower than HP?

probably cam duration and lift coupled to lack of backpressure from headers. but thats more my semi-uneducated guess based on other cars I have owned.

glgjr
05-18-11, 02:54 PM
Mike,

Do you have a video you could post? I am curious on how loud the car is with the cats and stock muffler.

Gene

Mike TexaSS
05-18-11, 03:01 PM
Vid coming shortly............

Mike TexaSS
05-18-11, 03:12 PM
The sound is a little funny i recorded with my droid.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ks7xD8GnFQ&feature=channel_video_title

Domsz06
05-18-11, 03:27 PM
looking good!!

U will have to video mine up next week :D

glgjr
05-18-11, 04:33 PM
Mike,

Thank you. I appreciateit. Nice work.
Gene

SecretWeapon
05-18-11, 05:20 PM
Very impressive. Good luck at the mile.

dons
05-18-11, 05:46 PM
What do you think you will do at the mile?

Mike TexaSS
05-18-11, 07:40 PM
Lol its not racing the mile. But it will run the qtr mile Fri night!

NC_Cadzilla
05-18-11, 08:02 PM
sounds good

dons
05-18-11, 09:03 PM

O.K. what is your best guess at the quarter mile? And are you going to run drag radials?

Mike TexaSS
05-18-11, 09:24 PM
My v ran a 10.900 @ 129 mph with a little less rwhp than this car makes. This car also has a fully built trans that shifts like mofo in sport mode!
We have brand new 305/35/18 mt drag radials. So 1.5 60fts here we come!

shade
05-18-11, 10:39 PM
Speak more about the trans upgrade...
Also why an upgrade there has been lots of people with this much HP and no tranny issues

Razorecko
05-18-11, 11:05 PM
Also why an upgrade there has been lots of people with this much HP and no tranny issues

With an upgraded trans you can increase line pressure and make it shift harder & faster :thumbsup:

Busabob
05-19-11, 06:47 AM
Wow, that's impressive! I've always been a fan or LG products, Lou is a cool dude.

Couple of Q's: How's the interior cabin noise/drone with the headers and stock exhaust and wo built your trans?

Domsz06
05-19-11, 07:51 AM

who ever had the car before the org owner had a CRAP tune in the transmission so it quit working. These trannies can support hp, but they have to be tunned correctly.....

Domsz06
05-19-11, 07:52 AM

if the weather holds out...

Domsz06
05-19-11, 07:53 AM
Wow, that's impressive! I've always been a fan or LG products, Lou is a cool dude.

Couple of Q's: How's the interior cabin noise/drone with the headers and stock exhaust and wo built your trans?

CircleD built his tranny

Busabob
05-19-11, 08:06 AM
Thanks Dom. I keep hearing good things about them.......

dons
05-19-11, 08:08 AM
My v ran a 10.900 @ 129 mph with a little less rwhp than this car makes. This car also has a fully built trans that shifts like mofo in sport mode!
We have brand new 305/35/18 mt drag radials. So 1.5 60fts here we come!

Can you tell me more about the tranny build? Where did you get it done and was it big bucks? What rear end ration are you running. You have one quick V. Thanks DonS:thumbsup:

Mike TexaSS
05-19-11, 08:32 AM
Dons call us at the shop

cbloveday
05-19-11, 08:58 AM
Jesse increased the line pressure and reduced my shift point to 6200. Tranny shifts pretty damn crisp, just putzing around town.

I hope to get a 9s slip this weekend without issues.

PhxTriode
05-19-11, 11:06 AM
Nice pull Mike. Its amazing what some good fuel does.

How does the upgraded tranny shift in normal mode? Can it still shift like a caddy?

wait4me
05-19-11, 11:30 AM
Our transmission we build here at the shop can be smooth in normal mode and nasty in sport, That is just in the tune. We replace all the weak hardparts in the transmission and put in all better top of the line clutches and steels for each gear set, then do some modding in the valve body assembly to make it hold alot more power. Most of the clutch packs we put in have higher clutch counts and are over 70% more holding power. Which is needed in cars over 600RWHP. Someday ill post pictures of what your clutches look like with 30,000 miles on the trans with 600 rwhp. They are pretty beat up.

:)

Domsz06
05-19-11, 11:34 AM
Nice pull Mike. Its amazing what some good fuel does.

How does the upgraded tranny shift in normal mode? Can it still shift like a caddy?

if mike put the same or similar tune in Josh's as he did mine in normal it shifts like a caddy in that it's smooth, but crisp, but in sport, watch out ha ha ha!! I LOVE IT!!! ;)

PhxTriode
05-19-11, 11:41 AM
Our transmission we build here at the shop can be smooth in normal mode and nasty in sport, That is just in the tune. We replace all the weak hardparts in the transmission and put in all better top of the line clutches and steels for each gear set, then do some modding in the valve body assembly to make it hold alot more power. Most of the clutch packs we put in have higher clutch counts and are over 70% more holding power. Which is needed in cars over 600RWHP. Someday ill post pictures of what your clutches look like with 30,000 miles on the trans with 600 rwhp. They are pretty beat up.

:)

Wasn't sure with the extra clutches how much more line pressure was needed.

Hope you dad is doing well.

Junkie414
05-19-11, 12:28 PM
I know I'm a newb but how do I go from normal mode to sport mode and what not?

wait4me
05-19-11, 12:40 PM
The extra line pressure is needed with the extra clutches. As the friction material is more sticky, but, more prone to slip/damage if not set correctly and will die faster due to a slow shift time.

More clutches means you need more line pressure to keep the basket tight. That is why most people are killing thier aftermarket setups really quick. They think that just because the clutches have a higher capaciy and grip strenght means that they dont have to mess with anything else. Same goes for torque converters. You can make the strongest one in the world, but with the wrong line pressures for the lock up disk, it will smoke it in a few days.

When you have the right line pressures, shift times and your shift adapts are set to be close to actual vs commanded, then the trans will last as a long time.

Having to slow of a shift time will hurt you as it will slip the clutches due to its higher clamping speed, it will in turn PULL line pressure and make them slip even more. Which is a bad thing. Slipping causes heat on the steels.

wait4me
05-19-11, 12:53 PM
Sport mode is moving the shift lever over to the right.

Junkie414
05-19-11, 12:56 PM
Sport mode is moving the shift lever over to the right.

so while you shift the car, or it will continue shifting itself over there?

Mike TexaSS
05-19-11, 01:31 PM
The extra line pressure is needed with the extra clutches. As the friction material is more sticky, but, more prone to slip/damage if not set correctly and will die faster due to a slow shift time.

More clutches means you need more line pressure to keep the basket tight. That is why most people are killing thier aftermarket setups really quick. They think that just because the clutches have a higher capaciy and grip strenght means that they dont have to mess with anything else. Same goes for torque converters. You can make the strongest one in the world, but with the wrong line pressures for the lock up disk, it will smoke it in a few days.

When you have the right line pressures, shift times and your shift adapts are set to be close to actual vs commanded, then the trans will last as a long time.

Having to slow of a shift time will hurt you as it will slip the clutches due to its higher clamping speed, it will in turn PULL line pressure and make them slip even more. Which is a bad thing. Slipping causes heat on the steels.

Jesse, Circle D and I have been working on the 6l80/90 Trans tunes for some time now..... I think we got it covered!

Domsz06
05-19-11, 02:14 PM
so while you shift the car, or it will continue shifting itself over there?

it will continue to shift unless you want to shift.

tabio42
05-28-11, 12:07 PM
Is it the cam and supporting hardware that allow you to go to 6500 rpm? Or can that speed be had with the stock top end?

Domsz06
05-28-11, 01:12 PM
Is it the cam and supporting hardware that allow you to go to 6500 rpm? Or can that speed be had with the stock top end?

stock will handle 6500 rpm.

DrumStix
05-28-11, 04:50 PM
Nice pull and numbers Mike. Did you run it yet?

Domsz06
05-28-11, 08:09 PM
Nice pull and numbers Mike. Did you run it yet?

he went 11.1 I think, or 11.2 the tranny was having issues. They went back on Sat and still had issues. Circle D is pulling it out and looking at it, of course under warranty. I have not heard what else is up...

Mike TexaSS
05-29-11, 09:40 AM
11.1 @ 129 mph with a DA of 2600 ft!

cbloveday
05-29-11, 09:52 AM
Congrats. With better DA, you'll be flying. What was the 60?

glgjr
05-29-11, 10:10 AM
11.1 @ 129 mph with a DA of 2600 ft!

What was the 1/8 mile?

Gene

NC_Cadzilla
05-29-11, 04:14 PM
how does the cam sound at idle? I was thinking about getting the gt9 but i don't want no real lope to it. Want it close to a ls9 cam as possible

Mike TexaSS
05-29-11, 10:35 PM
60ft was only 1.7.

Honestly the GT9 is pretty tame.

Domsz06
05-29-11, 11:16 PM
The owner sent me a txt n said at idle the cam sounds stock. I can copy n paste the txt if need be just let me know if no one believes me or needs data.

Rabbitctsv
05-30-11, 12:05 AM
Hello all, im the owner of the car, the gt 9 cam is a great cam and sounds great at idle. i didnt think the cam was all that great when i first got my car back. but the dyno numbers dont lie, and when i put my foot in the gas the car woke up and then i definitely knew that something was different, it had a better sound when in the gas, i would say its about 20% louder at WOT and 10% louder at idle, very mild at idle. I love it, and inside its as quiet as a stock car, with my blue tooth on when im driving no one knows in my car. It very quiet, Ill take some video when i get my car back,

Circle D is working on it now, they are great to deal with, dropped my car off and they call me everyday with an update, they are done testing the car and getting data from driving and shifting, looked at the tune and are now going to drop the trans out and take it apart and inspect and test every single piece untill they find the problem, they are good guys,

when i get my car back this week ill post some videos of the exhaust, Im thinking with 600+ rwhp i will need to get a better flowing exhaust installed,

Domsz06
05-30-11, 12:11 AM
Hello all, im the owner of the car, the gt 9 cam is a great cam and sounds great at idle. i didnt think the cam was all that great when i first got my car back. but the dyno numbers dont lie, and when i put my foot in the gas the car woke up and then i definitely knew that something was different, it had a better sound when in the gas, i would say its about 20% louder at WOT and 10% louder at idle, very mild at idle. I love it, and inside its as quiet as a stock car, with my blue tooth on when im driving no one knows in my car. It very quiet, Ill take some video when i get my car back,

Circle D is working on it now, they are great to deal with, dropped my car off and they call me everyday with an update, they are done testing the car and getting data from driving and shifting, looked at the tune and are now going to drop the trans out and take it apart and inspect and test every single piece untill they find the problem, they are good guys,

when i get my car back this week ill post some videos of the exhaust, Im thinking with 600+ rwhp i will need to get a better flowing exhaust installed,

so what happened with the tranny? can you give us an update? thanks! :)

Rabbitctsv
05-30-11, 01:33 AM
they do not know what is going on, they said they have never had one come back, they did a road test and could not figure out whats wrong, so they pulled the pan off to take a look and didnt see anything wrong, when my factory trans went in for a rebuild the filter was cracked and ultimately caused my clutches to fail because of the loss of pressure. they did not find anything like that this time, so they pulled it friday and are going to test the vlave body and take a good look at everything, they will call me tuesday with an update. I will post the findings.

Rabbitctsv
05-30-11, 01:38 AM
its hard to replicate the problem on street tires on the street, Its real apparent when I was on the track with drag radials. I took a video of it. ill try to post it.

NC_Cadzilla
05-30-11, 07:18 AM
that would be cool if you can post an idle video.. I want the same cam, but I want it to idle smooth and drive smooth also. There are no videos on the net displaying that, all dyno runs pretty much,no idles

Rabbitctsv
05-30-11, 10:48 AM
I will post as soon as i get back, I dont have a sound clip of the before, With long tube headers, highflow cats , and stock mufflers it had a good quiet tone. Now with the same setup and the gt9 cam It has the same mild tone just about 10% louder, its smooth all the way threw the gears. you will love it.

shade
05-30-11, 11:40 PM
that would be cool if you can post an idle video.. I want the same cam, but I want it to idle smooth and drive smooth also. There are no videos on the net displaying that, all dyno runs pretty much,no idles

No I think Drumstix posted a video of his at idle and his has the LS9 cam (close to the gt9 cam from my understading). I think it was drum, not 100% sure though.
Anyways it idled just like stock. None of that 60's muscle car stuff.

Rabbitctsv
05-30-11, 11:48 PM
the ls9 cam is a bit less aggressive than the gt9, the gt9 cam would be the cam that you would install on the ls9 for an upgrade.

Rabbitctsv
05-30-11, 11:49 PM
a friend of mine took a vid from the track the other night, so you can hear it, ill post tomorrow.