: KDI is now offering 2.85" upper pulleys!

DrumStix
05-18-11, 12:45 PM
We have come up with a nice combination that we think guys running a 9.55 lower will really like. Instead of changing to a 10" lower ring and hunting for an idler bracket, KDI has a new pulley coming out that will allow guys already running the 9.55 to spin the blower a little more but still in a safe area and a little faster than a 10" ring with a stock upper.

Here is some data:
The 8.6/2.55 combo spins the blower at 22016 RPM's at 6400 motor RPM's.
The 10" ring with a stock upper spins the the blower at 20983 RPM's at 6400 motor RPM's.

The new 2.85 upper pulley with 9.55 lower will spin the blower at 21440 RPM's at 6400 engine RPM's. Still in the sweet spot for the TVS 1900.

The initial order is on the work board. We expect to have the first batch of pulleys in about 7 weeks.

Pricing will be around $145 for the pulley. The belt is yet to be priced but we expect that to be in the $35 area.

We have a puller and a press so offer the change out service as well.

Thanks for looking.
KD Innovations

kirbyCTSV
05-18-11, 12:51 PM
whats ur take on the 2.35" upper pulley? Would that be equivalent to a 10" lower? I believe Lingenfelter is carrying it.

DrumStix
05-18-11, 01:10 PM
whats ur take on the 2.35" upper pulley? Would that be equivalent to a 10" lower? I believe Lingenfelter is carrying it.

It may fit another niche for guys with a stock lower. Our is more for guys with a 9.10 or 9.55 and want to add a little more to their combo. That is a tiny pulley and the lack of surface area concerns me. Even with investing in a 100mm idler there is not much area for the belt to grab.

KDI

Domsz06
05-18-11, 01:14 PM
very nice!!

Me likes. 650 rwhp here I come :)

NOW GET THE METH STARTED!!!

ha ha ha!!!!

DrumStix
05-18-11, 01:26 PM
very nice!!

Me likes. 650 rwhp here I come :)

NOW GET THE METH STARTED!!!

ha ha ha!!!!

Meth is on the shop floor. :thumbsup:

We are also prototyping two other pretty big items. More on that in 3-4 weeks.

I also have 2.55" pulleys headed my way today for $118.

baabootoo
05-18-11, 02:47 PM
Will you be considering an exchange piece for work also? I use my car as a daily driver, so I can't afford to be w/o a part for a week or longer. I'd have a weekend to get the work done then, w/o any interuptions. I'd be happy to pay the exchange price, then get reimbursed after you got mine back. Maybe the same for the ported blower too. Thanks for viewing.

DrumStix
05-18-11, 02:53 PM
Will you be considering an exchange piece for work also? I use my car as a daily driver, so I can't afford to be w/o a part for a week or longer. I'd have a weekend to get the work done then, w/o any interuptions. I'd be happy to pay the exchange price, then get reimbursed after you got mine back. Maybe the same for the ported blower too. Thanks for viewing.

Very likely and thanks for asking!

haterinc
05-18-11, 03:32 PM
count me in... are you offering the entire package to do with the 9.55, such as the sc pulley (w or w/o press exchange), belt, and 100mm idler (assuming its needed?)

DoingOK
05-18-11, 03:56 PM
PM'ed

DrumStix
05-18-11, 04:31 PM
Yes we are.

haterinc
05-18-11, 05:05 PM
on a side note... these WSPA ads for bear teathering and puppy farms are tear jerkers! i didn't even know what bear teathering was till i looked it up while getting my windows tinted and i also had no clue 16,000,000 dogs were slaughtered for food each year too. i knew it still went on over there but not that prominent. that's sad... i've donted to that website about 8 times already this month lol

anyway back on topic. i'm interested in the kit, PM me though because i just bought a 9.55 inch lower to go on next week too from Paschal Performance... go figure i get the NE intake and you offer it like $20 less, i order the Metco kit and you offer that - we'll see the price but i'm guessing less lol. although i've had to wait a couple of days since the belt was out of stock and couldn't get the kit on before dyno day this Sat, they still had a great price.

anything ELSE you plan on offering soon? lol

Domsz06
05-18-11, 05:34 PM
on a side note... these WSPA ads for bear teathering and puppy farms are tear jerkers! i didn't even know what bear teathering was till i looked it up while getting my windows tinted and i also had no clue 16,000,000 dogs were slaughtered for food each year too. i knew it still went on over there but not that prominent. that's sad... i've donted to that website about 8 times already this month lol

anyway back on topic. i'm interested in the kit, PM me though because i just bought a 9.55 inch lower to go on next week too from Paschal Performance... go figure i get the NE intake and you offer it like $20 less, i order the Metco kit and you offer that - we'll see the price but i'm guessing less lol. although i've had to wait a couple of days since the belt was out of stock and couldn't get the kit on before dyno day this Sat, they still had a great price.

your gonna LOVE that new era. IT SCREAMES!!! I LOVE MINE! ;)

haterinc
05-18-11, 05:53 PM
i already have it on there and it sounds wicked, but haven't boosting as much because of some forewarnings on here. a/f's looked ok from dyno i posted in other thread, but i was only a week from the pulley, exhaust, hx, tune etc so i've been driving the hummer plus its crappy out here and i can just drive over stuff lol

Bushidopupil
05-18-11, 06:46 PM
Really temptng KDI......BUT....I think an LSX is in my future....Very nice though, keep up the good work.

P.S. You spelled out the blower speed above but what do think/have observed the PSI at....9.55 + 2.85?

haterinc
05-18-11, 06:48 PM
good q

DrumStix
05-18-11, 07:19 PM

Lots of stuff. :thumbsup:

DrumStix
05-18-11, 07:21 PM
Really temptng KDI......BUT....I think an LSX is in my future....Very nice though, keep up the good work.

P.S. You spelled out the blower speed above but what do think/have observed the PSI at....9.55 + 2.85?

Pulley, intake, CAI and no head or headers, likely 14.75-15 lbs.

kirbyCTSV
05-18-11, 10:38 PM
Are u going to offer a heat xchanger?

DrumStix
05-18-11, 10:42 PM
Yes, and it will be a new design.

PhxTriode
05-19-11, 12:13 PM
The PSI really depends on how much back pressure the system has... But it should be very close to a 2.55/8.6 combo the blower speed is within 100 or so RPM. I think drums setup is seeing 15 PSI but with a ported blower and custom lid.

As soon as they are done I will put one on my car for testing and post the results.

Phx

The "D" in KD Innovations

Domsz06
05-19-11, 12:36 PM
i can't wait to get my TB, Snout, and Blower back he he he !!!!! ;)

and of course one of these pullies! ;)

PhxTriode
05-19-11, 12:43 PM
i can't wait to get my TB, Snout, and Blower back he he he !!!!! ;)

and of course one of these pullies! ;)

You are going to Cr*p at the part throttle response then again when you get past 5500rpm. :-)

Phx

Domsz06
05-19-11, 01:12 PM
You are going to Cr*p at the part throttle response then again when you get past 5500rpm. :-)

Phx

i can't wait!!! :D he he he