: Trying to decide between a SRX or a Q5 is easy

Audioi
05-18-11, 08:49 AM
The supposebly top of this segment (small luxury suv) is the Audi Q5 according to the majority of reviews. After driving one I cannot understand why and I am a HUGE Audi-VW fan.
If you have the time check out there complaints against the car and compare it to the SRX. The SRX is easily the top pick and for once I think the Americans out handle the Germans with solid cornering and good road feel.

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2771452

PJ1520
05-18-11, 01:35 PM
Professional road tests and comparative reviews notwithstanding, the marketplace (sales in the apples-to-apples market segment the SRX competes in) can reveal a lot.

The second generation SRX in just one model year (2010) saw SRX sales rise 150%, and it has vaulted past almost the rest of the herd into the #2 slot. The market leader Lexus (with the RX) feels the heat after about 6 years on top of the stack. IMHO, Audis are very nice, nonetheless.

PJ

Audioi
05-18-11, 01:53 PM
I have done my comparison sheet on these two vehicles and other then a just average power train and resale value, whats not to love about the SRX?

PJ1520
05-18-11, 03:18 PM
I think the price of admission to get into an SRX makes it quite appealing and affordable to a much broader range of people. As my wife points out, even at a distance you can easily pick the SRX out of a sea of competitive vehicles; and that differentiation is important to her.....and to me.

PJ