: Noise

Miller Time
05-17-11, 11:46 PM
I have a 2008 sts4 6 cylinder and i am getting a whining noise at about 65mph and up and it gets louder the faster i go it is a noise that last about a second and then goes away for a second and keeps cycling on and off the faster i go the worse faster and louder it is and if i put it in nuetral at say about 80mph it keeps on doing it but it does seem to stop if i am turnig the wheels to the left
my car was just serviced for the timing chain stretching about 2 months ago and it has started doing this about 3 weeeks ago

any help is appreciated

EChas3
05-18-11, 11:58 PM
If it changes when the road curves left (enough for the weight to shift), it might be a left-side wheel bearing. Might it be coming from a wheel?

ddalder
05-19-11, 12:07 AM
If it changes when the road curves left (enough for the weight to shift), it might be a left-side wheel bearing. Might it be coming from a wheel?
Generally, if the road curves left and the type of noise you're referring to occurs, it would most often be the right side bearing. They are usually more noticeable when you load up the hub assembly. Turning left shifts the load right.

Miller Time
05-19-11, 10:51 PM
i wrote it wrong when i turn to the right it goes away and the noise could possibly be coming from the front left side

how could i ck the l bearing and any idea of cost the front wheel also has a slight bend in the front left wheeel

EChas3
05-20-11, 10:33 PM
Aren't you under warranty? Let them deal with it.