: Upper ball joint??

darhef
05-17-11, 09:19 PM
I have noticed a creaking sound in my front end when pulling out of my driveway and applying the brakes...sounds like something maybe loose, that being said, I did spray the bushings around the control arms and sway bar with penetrating oil hoping that would clear it...it didn't. But while rocking the truck I put my hand on the front left shock, it felt like something was knocking in the coil spring. I really don't know what it could be. I had the front shocks and lower control arm (ball joint)replaced this winter (all OEM parts), could it be the shocks have come loose or maybe a worn upper ball joint?

darhef
05-18-11, 10:28 PM
Don't know if I found the problem but, a friend of mine told me to spray some WD-40 up and under the rubber boot on the shock...I did, and It seems to have worked...no more noise!...knock on wood!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-20-11, 06:18 PM
Glad to see you were able to get this resolved. I hope it doesn't come back for you. It also looks like it was fairly simple fix so if it does I hope the same trick works for you! If you ever want to look into getting the issue resolved entirely feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service