: Unknown Option Codes

scurling
10-12-04, 02:07 AM
Can anyone identify the following option codes? My '94 service Manual doesn't have them listed in the option codes section.

And does anyone know what the code R1P, "Chassis Equipment, Heavey Duty, Coachbuilder" buys you? I would like to specifically identify what parts or modifications make up this option.

Vehicle is a '94 Fleetwood

FE9
KD1
R9P
R9Z
V73
YN6
YN7
Y35

thanks

Sandy
10-12-04, 05:35 PM
FE9 = Federal Emissions Certifacation Completed
KD1 = Transmission Oil / Cooling System
R9P = Sales Item Control #91
R9Z = Sales Item Control # 100
V73 = (Unfound)
YN6 = (Unfound)
YN7 = (Unfound)
Y35 = (Unfound) - But has something to do with Bumper Attachments

Sandy
10-12-04, 05:46 PM
RIP Option Code = Coachbuilder Package
This is only available on the Front Wheel Drive Sedan de Ville.
The other one, V4U is the one for the RWD Fleetwood.
Which one you want ???

scurling
10-12-04, 07:50 PM
Sandy:

Thanks for the assistance.

I rechecked the trunk label. I'm sure the code is R1P (one), instead of RIP (eye). My '94 Fleetwood (RWD) service manual has the R1P listed but no RIP options liststed, as offered on the Fleetwood that year.

Also, I think the V4U option does get into the heavy duty chassis package with springs, sway bars, etc. I know this '94 Fltwd. does not have those optional item, because I have a second '94 which does have that option code. The chassis difference is obvious.

Any way, I appreciate your efforts on this. If you can come up with the equipment options for the R1P code, that would be great.

thanks

Sandy
10-12-04, 09:51 PM
According to my Cadillac Facts Book for Showroom Dealerships, R1P is not available for RWD cars. They get option code 4VU - So I don't know why your RWD has a R1P code... Very odd.

scurling
10-12-04, 11:57 PM
I'll check it out with the local Cadillac dealer here in Va.

Thanks for the info.

scurling
10-13-04, 03:46 PM
Sandy,

I was looking through the service manual and found a few "coachbuilder specific" configurations with the rear diff. yoke and U-joint setup. Seems like the coachbuilder options were a lot beefier.

stan c.

Sandy
10-13-04, 07:34 PM
Sandy found it !!
Under a "Special Order Section"
Fleetwood (RWD)

Here we go:-
R1P = "Heavy Duty Livery Package"

* Higher Capacity Front & Rear Springs
* Extra Capacity Cooling FanS
* Heavy Duty Transmission Oil Cooling
* Goodyear Eagle GA (P235/70R15) Whitewalls
* Heavy Duty Engine Oil Cooling
* 2.93:1 Axle Ratio
* Firmer more Durable Driver Seat for Continuous Heavy-Duty Use

In addition to the normal 10 colors available - there were 6 "Special Colors" available on these cars, allthough it doesn't state why ~

X1J = Medium Green Pearl
Y1E = Pastel Gray
Y1G = Wedding White
Y1R = Black Sapphire
Y1W = Platinum
Y1Y = Academy Gray
The standard full vinyl roof was deleted when one of these 6 were ordered. The outside mirror housings, door handles and door handle frames were not painted, as they were outsource supplied, so they used black for these items.
I have no breakout as to how many were made in each color, but I'll continue to look.