: Steering Problem...ANY IDEAS

Bushidopupil
05-17-11, 01:19 PM
OK, so about four-five days ago I started to have this steering issue. The steering wheel seems very heavy compared to normal. Basically it feels as if the TC mode is completely off. If you don't know what I'm referring to, drive your car and swerve back and forth in normal TC mode, then hold TC for about 9 sec. until Stabilitrac Disabled reads on the dash and then swerve back and forth. You should feel a considerable difference in the amount of steering force needed.

Well I do not anymore, it is still stiff. It is even harder to turn to the right it seems than the left. I checked the fluid, and it looked just a bit low, so I filled it up to the max full HOT line, when it was hot of course, but after 24 hrs and numerous times driving the car it is still the same....I have scanned the DTC and got no codes..reset it anyway just for grins. Any ideas before trying the dealer? BTW I am modded, but my tuner said that nothing he did should effect it, and it was modded months ago without this problem. :hmm:

baabootoo
05-17-11, 02:22 PM
Could the TC be off w/o you knowing it? You know, an error where it is off but not shown? Tire pressure not too low? Yeah, a strange one.

Bushidopupil
05-17-11, 03:30 PM
I thought about that also...but i can still tell some difference when the TC is off or fully on. It is like driving with no power steering at all with TC off...

cbloveday
05-17-11, 11:20 PM
I would take it into the dealer and see what they can find out.

hulksdaddy
05-23-11, 10:22 PM
Any update on this?

Bushidopupil
05-23-11, 10:39 PM
Any update on this?

Not yet, still have the problem...think I need a Tech 2 scanner to read ABS and body control codes.

aj660
05-23-11, 10:59 PM
If you go to the dealer, then make sure they don't flash your ECU; you might want to specifically tell your service advisor.

wait4me
05-24-11, 09:43 AM
Maybe your steering wheel sensor is going bad or needs to be Relearned. If it jumped, the car will think it is not centered, and so it will be hard one way thinking you are making an extreme turn.

Bushidopupil
05-24-11, 10:59 AM
Maybe your steering wheel sensor is going bad or needs to be Relearned. If it jumped, the car will think it is not centered, and so it will be hard one way thinking you are making an extreme turn.

Ok, sounds very possible, how could I get it to relearn, if that is the case?