: Cadillac Bicycles - didn't know they could stack crap that high

Elvislives666
10-12-04, 12:52 AM
I just returned from the Interbike show in Las Vegas. Cadillac premiered their bicycles there. I had to check their bikes out being a Cadillac owner and a 20 year bike industry geek. What a load of garbage! I cannot believe that Cadillac made these bikes or licensed their name to be used on these ugly, useless bicycles. The geometries and component packages were all wrong. Colors were quite bad for bicycles. Maybe if you love Cadillac, have bad taste or know absolutely nothing about bicycles you might find it interesting. Check it out >>> www.cadillacbicycles.com (http://www.cadillacbicycles.com/)

majax
10-12-04, 01:17 AM
Sweetness now maybe in a few years they will have a cool bike. If they get a good road bike I may get it they need ot partner with Trek or soemthing.

T_Dogg8
10-12-04, 07:38 AM
the road bike didn't look too bad. i don't know anything about bikes, but i want to get a raod bike, and that one didn't look bad. i'm sure it's insanely overpriced though.

CTS Orlando
10-12-04, 04:53 PM
I just returned from the Interbike show in Las Vegas. Cadillac premiered their bicycles there. I had to check their bikes out being a Cadillac owner and a 20 year bike industry geek. What a load of garbage! I cannot believe that Cadillac made these bikes or licensed their name to be used on these ugly, useless bicycles. The geometries and component packages were all wrong. Colors were quite bad for bicycles. Maybe if you love Cadillac, have bad taste or know absolutely nothing about bicycles you might find it interesting. Check it out >>> www.cadillacbicycles.com (http://www.cadillacbicycles.com/)

Elvis, normally I repspect your opinion, but this time I think you're smoking crack. I agree the paintjobs are a little cheesy, but these bikes appear to be pretty competent machines. I too am an avid cyclist, I have a Rigid, Hardtail, and Full Suspension XC that I regulary ride on different terrains. To a veteran cyclist, a company like Speciliazed really makes the 'Cadillac' of bikes. But considering the range of models and components used by Cadillac bikes, I hardly see a deficiency. Like I said, they're hardly Specialized S-Works, but they're not $100 Wal-Mart bikes either. I've seen a lot of bikes out there that hold no flame to these Caddy bikes. Pricing would definalty be a factor though, I didnt see any quotes on the website.

Elvislives666
10-12-04, 05:49 PM
If I was smoking crack, I wasn't on the good stuff like the designers of these bikes. The road bike isnt horrible but the rest of the bikes are pretty bad. Just so you know I am a little critical because I know what a bike should be having been a pro cyclist and working in the highest level in the bike industry. Cadillac shouldn't be a joke as their bikes were at the Show. I am a designer, product manager and have run marketing and sales divisions for several companies and even worked for Specialized at one point managing the Downhill team in Europe. Anyway, I still think they do not deserve the Cadillac name.

-Elvis

dkozloski
10-12-04, 06:22 PM
I kind of like Montgomery-Ward Hawthorne cruiser myself.

CTS Orlando
10-12-04, 06:42 PM
Agreed. Cadillac should not be putting out bikes. I know they're definalty rebadged somethings... If Cadillac was gonna rebadge something, they should atleast be Specialized. I think they're trying to compete with Chryslers Jeep bikes, I think MB has a bike too. There used to that old VW / Trek thing going on too. At the price that something with the Cadillac prestige would go for, they would need to be able to compete with other high end bikes that already have reputations in the industry. I would never drop $5k on a Caddy Bike if I knew I could get a Trek or Specialized at the same price with the same or better components. Unless they change their strategy and come out with something more Cadillac, maybe with the 'Art and Science' theme, we wont see these bikes sold for very long.

BMW Has a skateboard. Why not.

gothicaleigh
10-12-04, 07:56 PM
I believe BMW's skateboard was recalled for safety reasons... ;)

Those bikes aren't too bad as long as the prices aren't astronomical. Not everyone needs their bike to be competitive. I just like mine to make it to the park in the summer. :)

CTS Orlando
10-12-04, 08:29 PM
I believe BMW's skateboard was recalled for safety reasons... ;)

Nope, you can still break your neck for a paltry $495.00
http://www.bmw-online.com/e.asp?s1=80930140513%2DS04&em=1&ref=Frgl&promo=

RBraczyk
10-12-04, 10:10 PM
Hey at least they have rock shox :helpless: I wanna see a downhill bike that they design :crybaby:

DaveSmed
10-12-04, 11:13 PM
Hmm. Makes me wonder.... In a few years from now, are they still going to carry the shocks, or will there be retrofit kits out for some sort of passive shock? How about that all-road, with the computer display? Upon replacement with the passive shock will it still show Service Suspension System? ;) :D

tru504187211
10-12-04, 11:35 PM
Road bike looks decent because its got that old style to it...but thats the only reason...

barge master
10-13-04, 08:54 AM
Another way to rake in yuppie dollars no doubt. Go to a Harley-Davidson dealer and look around. H-D golf balls!! Gimme a break!!!

D148L0
10-13-04, 10:00 AM
BMW Has a skateboard. Why not.
They also made a mountain bike. Very clean nice design, and not expensive. Tried to look for a pic/link, no luck.

NYCTS
10-13-04, 12:40 PM
Cadillac bikes look okay, however I must admit I am skeptical about them. Just like I would never buy a car from Cannondale or Specialized, I wouldn't get a bike from Cadillac.

Elvislives666
10-13-04, 03:00 PM
Cannondale Bicycles did make a motocross bike and a quad and won tons of design awards and were voted bike of the year in almost all magazines... They filed for bankruptcy the following year dragging the bicycle division down with it despite the bicycle division being very profitable.

-Elvis

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 02:06 PM
time to sell my jeep comachee classic mountain bike for one of these ....thataway everything matches

T_Dogg8
10-14-04, 02:35 PM
your minibike is a caddy?? :hmm: :D

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 02:37 PM
it will be soon , ordering the same paint as the caddy , then after the engine is built(bored,stroked,N20) it should be up to caddy standards

T_Dogg8
10-14-04, 02:40 PM
wait a min.....N2O on a mini-bike??? are they that mad at your knees?? :)

CADDYBLACK99
10-14-04, 02:46 PM
No Luxury Touring Model , vogue wheels or cupholders...I'm not interested! :histeric:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-14-04, 09:44 PM
damn right , whens someone gonna make a bike with a cupholder that could hold a 64 oz slurpee

side note: went to sears and found my dream rideing mower...its has 2 cup holders !!!!!

T_Dogg8
10-15-04, 07:31 AM
wow. 2 beers at one time while mowing :D i'd be in heaven :) and if the cup holders didn't do it, i'm sure the accident i get into after trying to mow drunk will put me there :D

HotRodSaint
10-15-04, 12:55 PM
If you are going to make bikes for Cadillac owners, then there must be a trike as part of the offering. :histeric:

I'm personally hoping that make a retro styled beach cruiser! :thumbsup: