: Struggling with HID fog conversion still

Jokerzwld
05-17-11, 08:34 AM
I tried to have my dealership install the Sharp HID H11 55W slim ballast last Friday but they said there was an issue with the mounting tabs in the headlight assembly.
John (Sharp HID) replied promptly to me regarding resolving the issues but I wasnt able to have the tech tell me what the exact problem was.
Can anyone give me detailed info on executing the conversion please?
I confirmed with the parts guy that it is H11 OEM in the assembly and I have H11 from Sharp HID.
Any photos or ideas? Help
I have a 2011 V sedan.

PhxTriode
05-17-11, 10:47 AM
The tabs are very specific and can only go in one way. There are 3 tabs and the are not spaced equaly so 'clocking' of the tabs is important. I realized this on the first one after a struggle, after that it took longer to get the wheel well clips in than installing the whole thing

wfo
05-17-11, 03:22 PM
Frustrating the Tech's having a hard time getting this. It's pretty straight forward and the bulbs can can only go in one specific way. Mine was installed from under front lower fascia by unclipping the attachement buttons. We initially looked at going through the wheel wells and determined there was a better way, and that was was through the lower fascia. Going this route allows for much more clearance to access the fog light housing to extract the bulbs.