: Push Button Start

pingpong
05-16-11, 08:01 PM
I have a 2011 Srx and I have the push to start system. When you approach the vehicle with your RKE transmitter the door opens and when you leave the vehicle the doors lock but if you forget to hit the start button when you exit the vehicle it will remain running and the doors will not lock and as far as I can tell it will run like that forever or when you run out of gas. Meanwhile someone can happen by and drive away with your vehicle. With the remote start option you can start your vehicle and if you don't approach the vehicle for 10 minutes it will shut off automatically. Why can't the vehicle be programed that if you leave your vehicle without shutting it off it will shut off after 10 minutes and lock your doors. The fact that you have no key and the car allows access and allows you to leave the vehicle without doing anything gives you a false felling of security.

dkozloski
05-16-11, 09:50 PM
They can make the car fool proof but they can't make it damnfool proof. Just about the time you think you've got the problem handled, along comes a better fool.

TheCaptain
05-17-11, 11:34 PM
lol. Yea, this post is just about as bad as the person who wants the car to go into park by itself. (When shut off.)

MiCR0C0SM
05-18-11, 01:16 AM
Actually, the car shuts off. I don't know if it's after 10 mins or if that timing is adjustable, but it happened when I left my wife and napping son in a parked car with the key in my pocket as I waited in line to exchange my cable box which wasn't required anyways since the issue could've been resolved over the phone with a rebalancing across all my cable boxes, but I digress...

cvettr/cts-v
05-20-11, 03:45 PM
when the remote gets too far away it shuts down so no, no one can drive away at least not far.