: 5-point restraints?

Tuna
05-16-11, 12:54 PM
Anyone mount 5-point (or 6-point) belts in their V Wagon yet with the Recaro seats?

If so, where did you mount them and did you buy or build your own harness bar?

My wife wants to go faster in the Open Road runs and we need to install 5-points to do that.

Tuna
05-18-11, 09:01 AM
Anybody have 5-point restraints installed in their V2?

Dr. Design
05-18-11, 08:46 PM
Check back in 3 weeks... :shhh:

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

baabootoo
05-18-11, 11:25 PM
I would think that you could mount a harness bar permanently behind the rear seats and leave it. If you remove the headrests in the front seats, the shoulder belts sit nicely in the recess. The lap belts mount on top of the seat base rear mounting bolts (I got some 10 MM longer, and spaced them up). The anti-submarine needs a bracket across the front of the seat base, and you're all set. I just did my sedan over the last few days.

Tuna
05-19-11, 09:16 AM
Check back in 3 weeks... :shhh:

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I'm looking for something that I can install and take out relatively quickly (nothing permanent) that does not interfere with the stock seat belts. I need the 5-point harness so I can enter the faster (above 110 MPH) classes at Big Bend Open Road Race.
My V Wagon is still my family car and grocery getter, so after the race, the restraints and any harness bars that get in the way of normal use have to be removed. Are you working on something like that?

Dr. Design
05-19-11, 04:21 PM
PM sent.

AC Promotions
07-04-11, 12:34 PM
D3 or Tuna, any updates?

Perdition
07-04-11, 11:56 PM
Anybody have 5-point restraints installed in their V2?

baabootoo
07-05-11, 12:12 AM
Each organization has their own rules on bolt-in harness bars, however most are pretty close. Look up BBORR for theirs.

Tuna
07-06-11, 09:42 AM
Each organization has their own rules on bolt-in harness bars, however most are pretty close. Look up BBORR for theirs.

BBORR is where I run but I'm not interested in building my own harness bar if some one else has already done it. I checked the BBORR rules for harness bar installation and didn't find anything. It appears that they handle that on a case by case basis during tech inspection.

I'm still waiting to hear from D3.

Dr. Design
07-06-11, 06:08 PM
Hello,
The first prototype is complete and we are awaiting validation approval. Version #1 was already approved by tech at a local track for a 10.99 index. We are most likely going to tweak the design a little bit to open it up to various belt manufacturers. Hopefully we will have images available on our website shortly.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Tuna
07-07-11, 09:11 AM
Good news D3. Can't wait to see it. Any idea on the cost yet?

Dr. Design
07-07-11, 01:37 PM
Hello,
Well we dont have final cost on the brackets just yet as we are still playing around with the materials required. However we will have a price shortly, and you will have various options on the harness.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Good news D3. Can't wait to see it. Any idea on the cost yet?