: Driver's door keyhole cap

Bigron
05-16-11, 12:10 AM
Does anyone sell a body colored keyhole cap for the drivers door? I figured something that could be removed in an emergency, but covered the metal keyhole the rest of the time.
Did a quick search and didn't find anything.

n0s4atu
05-16-11, 12:38 AM
Might want to try smoothlock.com I think it is. I was looking for something similiar for my Jeep, which they didn't have but I recall them having them for camaro's and I believe various other GM cars.

baabootoo
05-16-11, 01:05 AM
If we knew why, maybe we could figure something out. Black tape, rubberized coating, etc.

Bigron
05-16-11, 08:49 AM
If we knew why, maybe we could figure something out. Black tape, rubberized coating, etc.

Are you asking why I want to do it?

The key hole will likely used between 0 to 2 times during my ownership. If there is a inexpensive removable option, I want to clean up the door and make it smooth and body color.

n0s4atu
05-16-11, 10:48 AM
Whatever you do, don't paint it. lol When I couldn't find anything for my Jeep's keyholes I taped, primed and painted them with factory paint and they looked great. First visit to the dealership some genius working there jammed my key in there. I've got powerlocks, remote start, etc all on the key fob and have never once used the key in the door myself, why they did I have no idea. You should absolutely be able to find something to smooth it out. As I recall they usually stick on with a heavy duty 3M emblem tape or something, so if need be they can be popped off with an exacto.

Bigron
05-16-11, 10:55 AM
Yeah something like this but not sure if Porsche black will match our paint.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/products.html