: Need help with "Service Rear Vision System" error

WVESV
05-15-11, 08:25 PM
This showed up on my screen today when I put my 07 ESV in reverse. Does anyone have any tips on troubleshooting this? I am no longer under warranty so want to try and repair myself.

fivepix
05-15-11, 09:36 PM
Does the camera turn on or does it always display the error? first check to make sure there is nothing on the rear sensors.

I had this issue a few months ago the dealer replaced the rear camera.

WVESV
05-16-11, 07:00 AM
The camera never turns on...was working fine a few days ago but when I went to tow my trailer yesterday it started doing this. Where are the sensors you are referring to?

WVESV
05-16-11, 08:29 AM
I was checking it out again this morning after I unhooked my trailer and it still is not working. The other thing I noticed was that when I backup, when I start getting close to something it will give me a single warning beep but then nothing else. I am assuming the warning beeps come from sensors in the bumper and not the camera...does anyone know that for sure? I am concerned that if I replace the camera it won't fix the problem.

fivepix
05-16-11, 02:48 PM
The sensors are located on the rear bumper right under the chrome strip you'll see round circles on the bumper. The camera is just a visual reference it's not smart the sensors are the ones that detect how far you are from an object.

I believe if you back up into something too close you should hear multiple beeps the closer to an object the more beeps you should hear but I think the system will automatically disable if you continue to back up...I'm not 100% on that tho... Maybe some of the guys here who tow trailers can help you out with that.

I wonder if all you have to do is reset the system, perhaps if unhook the battery for a few minutes it would reset the system? just make sure that there's nothing near the rear bumper when you hook the batter back up.

Otherwise you might have to go to the dealer and let them look at it.

Good luck!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-19-11, 05:18 PM
WVESV, have you been able to resolve this issue yet? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Try2holdmywheel
06-06-11, 02:44 AM
I'm also interested if you got your rigs problem resolved. I just had this come up today with my 2007 Escalade ESV and I'm not real happy about it. I'm hoping it's an easy fix I can do myself.

Thanks,
D

Dan J
07-07-13, 03:11 PM
This is a little different twist on the same problem. The Backup camera will work when the lift gate is open, but it has the black screen and "Service Rear Video System" language when the lift gate is closed.
Very strange. Any ideas on this? I'm ruling out the fuse due to the fact that is works in certain occasions. Maybe I just need to reset the system somehow?

Mr.SWAG
07-07-13, 06:22 PM
It's funny cause mine displayed the same thing yesterday but I put it back in park went into the options it said the camera was on. I put back in reverse and its working fine again.. I hope it stays this way

Punmax
07-10-13, 03:01 AM
If you don't want to repair it, just turn the camera off from the settings, and you won't see that message the next time you reverse.

PeteKT
07-10-13, 11:51 AM
When mine did this it had to go to the dealer for a new Camera, the camera was no longer working