: What is the best way to get bugs off my bumper?

escalade kidd
05-15-11, 07:53 PM
Does anybody know of a cleaner that will remove bugs without hurting the paint? I wish they made some sort of clear film I can put on and throw away when I get bugged.

hcvone
05-16-11, 08:36 AM
Put a good synthetic wax on your truck and the bugs will just wash off, ask me how I know. :) There are bug products like Stoners Tarminator that is a spray bug and tar cleaner, works great. There are companies like 3M that make clear plastic that will protect against that too.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film

fivepix
05-16-11, 04:14 PM
I always wonder about this too... this happens only when I drive on the highway the front bumper and grill gets covered I hate it. That's why as soon as i get off the the highway I go to a car wash. I don't let them sit there for too long since they get harder to remove.

As for the film make sure you get a professional to install it. If not installed properly it doesn't look that good. I wish they made temporary film strip that could be added/removed easily just when you know you're gonna be on the highway.

skierjp
05-16-11, 05:22 PM
I live in Central Florida and we are almost at the end of Love Bug season. The front of your truck can actually look like velcro. Here are a few tips. Spray as many of the bugs off that you can with a high pressure water hose, then wet a large beach towel and cover the front of the truck. Wash the rest of the truck while the towel is softening the remaining bugs. Remove the towel and once again spray with a hard stream of water. Here is the TRICK..., go to the laundry room and get either used or new dryer sheets. Wet the dryer sheets and wipe the bugs off, piece of cake.
Another tip.., if you know the bugs will be bad on your trip cover the front with Seran Wrap from your kitchen pantry. Be carefull not to cover the air inlets. When you get to where your going just peel it off.

fivepix
05-16-11, 05:32 PM
Another tip.., if you know the bugs will be bad on your trip cover the front with Seran Wrap from your kitchen pantry. Be carefull not to cover the air inlets. When you get to where your going just peel it off.

There's my new temporary film solution LOL Nice tips thanks!

escalade kidd
05-16-11, 10:09 PM
Great info Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!

mitch2264
05-17-11, 10:07 AM
I found some bug cleaner a few years at NAPA called "Bugs-B-Gone" and it works like a charm--and it is non-toxic and biodegradable. We travel in some pretty intense areas for bugs. I also use this on the windshield and it works great for removing bugs.

Good luck!