: Anything I should know?

Kuya
05-15-11, 07:21 PM
Looks like I am buying a 2010 Premium SRX AWD. The purchase is from a non-cadillac dealer. Is there anything I need to know/do?

Do I need to flash the computer system or reset it at my local Caddy dealer?

Where can I find a list of open recalls, and other stuff that may need attention, while still under warranty?

Thanks!!!!

Caddybill
05-15-11, 11:58 PM
Welcome to Cadillac SRX ownership. This forum is a great place to start then go to this link http://myCarStats.com/
And sign up for their reports.
This is my 3rd new "Caddy" and all GM all my life. I hope you are as happy with your Cadillac experience as I have.

CaddyBill in Tennessee

Kuya
05-16-11, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the link! I have bookmarked it.

. . . and thanks for the welcome!!

Smokin' SRX
05-16-11, 11:04 PM
Before you buy!! ............ Give the Vin # to a trusted caddy Dealer and have it checked for recalls/service and warranty work. You may see a problem car. Explain he will have your business. Beware a lemon. A Carfax is a must also. Dealer (selling) will do it free or don't buy!

99% of these cars were great, but some were real problems and the timing is a little suspicious. But that's me!!

Good luck!!

SS

Kuya
05-16-11, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the information

Did a free recall check from carfax site. Showed no open recalls. Also the dealer provided free carfax report. No issues, maintenance other than inspections, no accidents and is guaranteed to not be lemon.

My local sales guy has been tremendous. I emailed him the link and he called me and said it was a great deal.

Apparently the guy traded it in on a cheap kia to get out from the hefty payments. He could not afford the high payments and was trapped.

I hope for the best and since it's under full warranty, I feel semi safe ....

Marc NY
05-18-11, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the information

Did a free recall check from carfax site. Showed no open recalls. Also the dealer provided free carfax report. No issues, maintenance other than inspections, no accidents and is guaranteed to not be lemon.
My local sales guy has been tremendous. I emailed him the link and he called me and said it was a great deal.

Apparently the guy traded it in on a cheap kia to get out from the hefty payments. He could not afford the high payments and was trapped.

I hope for the best and since it's under full warranty, I feel semi safe ....Here is the scoop on Lemon Law vehicles and Car Fax reports.

1.) If an owner had some serious issues with a car (lemon law material) dealers will sometimes take back the vehicle before you file for a Lemon Law settlement and give you another one in its place. Reason being is that the car manufacture will not want to have the car branded as a buy back under the lemon laws. I know of a friend with a foreign car who had that done. He got a two year newer vehicle with a couple hundred miles on it with only the mere threat of going through the Lemon Laws.

2.) If a car is in an small/ minor accident and the owner paid cash or went outside of the insurance company involvement it will never show up on Car Fax.

* All in all you could possibly get a used vehicle that has many issues not completely resolved (that is why you have a copy of the GM Warranty Manager report) you seem to be clear with any outstanding bad issues as far as warranty work not being done right. As far as Car Fax coming up OK you still need to look closely for repairs that could have been done without going through an insurance company.

PJ1520
05-18-11, 01:18 PM
Some wise recommendations here, Kuya

I can only add that I buy pre-owned about three out of every four purchases. My SRX was also a lease turn. I always have my mechanic check out my intended purchase, low mileage and balance of the factory warranty remaining not withstanding. And I spring for the peace of mind over the long haul with an warranty extension.

My mechanic and his crew go as far as to look at bolts to see if a wrench was ever taken to them after the vehicle left the factory!!!! Even with my previous purchase of GM executive car from the same GM dealership with 11,500 miles in it, a car that had never been titled by a consumer. Sorry, but I am a firm believer in the old adage that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." And, "trust is a four letter word" when it comes to an automobile purchase, no matter who is the seller (and don't ever buy from family and friends).

Now that we have you completely paranoid, good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!

PJ