: HT 4100 engine problem

crazytaz
05-15-11, 06:05 AM
Hello,

My name is Thierry, I am writing to France.J hope I'm in the right place in the forum to post my problem.
I need your help on my Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1983. I have trouble with my motor, HT 4100. According to friends of my club in France would have a distribution problem, but I need advice from people who have and are familiar with the engine.
My problem is,

my engine starts but if you hold it does not accelerate fully, and then hold it backfire, I can not do mounted system and keep idling.:banghead:

Can you help me please with technical advice.

Thank you

Robin Banx
05-15-11, 07:45 PM
I had a similar problem with my '83 HT4100. It would start up and idle just fine. With the car in park and when the throttle was applied, the engine would flatten off at approx 3000 rpm and rev no higher. It would stumble and run rough to the point of backfiring. That condition was caused by a partially plugged fuel filter. You can check yours by getting a spray can of carb cleaner, removing the air cleaner and rev the engine until it starts to stumble. With the throttle opening increased, have a helper give the engine a squirt of carb cleaner down the throat of the throttle body. If the engine revs up quickly and smoothly, look to replacing the fuel filter located on the left frame rail just ahead of the rear suspension lower control arm bracket. Hope this helps, it worked for me.
Cheers.......R.

crazytaz
05-17-11, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the info I'll try your solution ...:thumbsup:
I cross my fingers

outsider
05-17-11, 01:13 PM
Another problem is that it's an HT 4100 engine ;)

lol just playing, hopefully you get to the bottom of it.