: Hot!! Not really

creeker
05-14-11, 03:28 PM
The "stop engine temp" warning light on my 80 cdv. 368, is coming on all the time,
it's definetly not hot, I have raised the hood at least 10 diierent times to convince myself that the engine is not hot, does anyone know where I can find the sending
unit ? or a wire that I can disconnect?. it stays on even with key off. Thanks

Robin Banx
05-15-11, 11:50 PM
The temperature sensor on your 368 is right below the thermostat cavity in the block. I don't think you have a sensor problem though. It seems more like foreign voltage or a foreign ground getting into the harness somewhere. None of the idiot lights should be on without the ignition being on.

Cheers.........R.

creeker
05-16-11, 06:42 PM
The temperature sensor on your 368 is right below the thermostat cavity in the block. I don't think you have a sensor problem though. It seems more like foreign voltage or a foreign ground getting into the harness somewhere. None of the idiot lights should be on without the ignition being on.

Cheers.........R.

Thanks for reply,I think it's more of a electrical glitch too, more than a probe problem, when the light is on ,if I turn on the interior lights with the head light knob,it goes out,should there be an electrical wire coming out of top of the probe?.

creeker
05-16-11, 07:30 PM
Thanks for reply,I think it's more of a electrical glitch too, more than a probe problem, when the light is on ,if I turn on the interior lights with the head light knob,it goes out,should there be an electrical wire coming out of top of the probe?.

I looked at my engine and cant see anything below my thermostat that looks like a sensor, is there anything else to indicate how I can find it, I also did the search
category on this website, I found one reply that says probe is on passenger side rear, on the head?, I looked it up on rockauto, and it has an electrical wire coming
out of top of it.