: Cooling mods to avoid heat soak?

Junkie414
05-14-11, 01:55 PM
so what are you guys doing to avoid heat soak with these positive displacement blowers? I know a lot of people go with a bigger heat exchanger, but what about pumps/reservoirs/etc...? Who is having the best luck with whos heat exchanger? I see that Jesse's works with the stock one and D3 replaces the entire assembly and pump. What are the pros and cons of each setup?

Has anybody messed with using meth to deter a little bit of it and pick up power? Is it safe to spray through a blower without stripping the rotors?

PremierJosh
05-14-11, 05:55 PM
I love my large heat exchanger and have toyed with the idea of fabbing a h20/ice tank for the trunk. It would be a huge help at the track. I havn't personally ran meth on a V2 yet but have on alot of magnuson blowers. We are ran straight meth through them with good results. Not nearly as good as injecting it post boost but it does still help.

GMX322V S/C
05-14-11, 11:08 PM
D3's setup is how GM would do it if they didn't have to meet all of the other OEM criteria a mass producer has to meet. D3's product features OEM quality, such as proper mounts, etc.

Junkie414
05-15-11, 07:23 PM
D3's setup is how GM would do it if they didn't have to meet all of the other OEM criteria a mass producer has to meet. D3's product features OEM quality, such as proper mounts, etc.

So you'd say the D3 setup with pump is substantially better then Jesse's? I haven't been able to get in touch with him but I'm willing to bet his setup is way cheaper.

GMX322V S/C
05-15-11, 07:50 PM
...and you'd win that bet. D3's product is certainly not cheap, but neither are our CTS-Vs.

Junkie414
05-15-11, 08:11 PM
As of now I'm leaning towards the Wait4me H/E + 160 degree Tstat. Then considering meth or nitrous on top of the blower