: WTF : rust in the chasis (2009 cts-v )

cts-vv
05-14-11, 07:42 AM
Hello all

Bad new , disovered bad rust in my chasis ( 2009 CTS-V )

look at pics down

the delear want to replace it with new chasis and i refused( i they did so the car will worth nothing if i want to sell it ) so i ask for new car or evaluate my car and give how much it worth or we will end in court !!

neuronbob
05-14-11, 08:17 AM
This is a warranty issue and won't cost you anything. You DO have a rust warranty, you know. How can your car be worth nothing if you let them replace the chassis pieces that have rust on them? I fail to see the outrage here. Just let the dealer fix it and move on IMHO.

My 2009 has no chassis rust, or at least I saw none on my last under car inspection a few weeks ago.

cts-vv
05-14-11, 08:23 AM
in my country , if the chasis being touched ( replaced or repaired ) no one will buy your car and will lose like 70% off it is price !!!

for me , i dont want my car anymore !!

wfo
05-14-11, 08:27 AM
It shouldn't ocurr and unfortunate, but sometimes bad things happen to good cars and to cars that cost more than most. It's also why it's a covered/warranted part of the vehicle.

IMHO, be calm, move forward and allow the warranty claim to follow it's due process that's what it's there for and then it will get taken care of. You will find most Cadillac level dealership "should step up" to get it handled swiftly for you. That is if they ever want your future buisness again.

If it doesn't get corrected properly/satisfactory you then have rights.

garfin
05-14-11, 09:02 AM
The part of Cadillac's warranty that applies to rust /corrosion protection is for 6 years or 100,000 miles.
I believe this provides coverage on the vehicle’s body and any components made of sheet metal against holes created by rust. To be covered, the rust must eat through the part completely. Perforation of the metal caused by rust is covered, but surface rust is not covered.

From the Cadillac Warranty website: http://www.cadillac.com/warranty/

Corrosion Protection

Cadillac vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for 6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See your Cadillac dealer for terms of this limited warranty.

That certainly sux, but on that basis, perhaps consider an annual oil spray application (even though it's not recommended) on the underside of the chassis in order stop or minimize the process that looks to have started.

Best regards,

Elie

garfin
05-14-11, 09:05 AM
The part of Cadillac's warranty that applies to rust /corrosion protection is for 6 years or 100,000 miles.
I believe this provides coverage on the vehicle’s body and any components made of sheet metal against holes created by rust. To be covered, the rust must eat through the part completely. Perforation of the metal caused by rust is covered, but surface rust is not covered.

From the Cadillac Warranty website: http://www.cadillac.com/warranty/

Corrosion Protection

Cadillac vehicles are designed and built to resist corrosion. All body and sheet metal components are warranted against rust-through corrosion for 6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Application of additional rust-inhibiting materials is not required under the corrosion coverage and none is recommended. See your Cadillac dealer for terms of this limited warranty.

That certainly sux, but on that basis, perhaps consider an annual oil spray application on the underside of the chassis (even though it's not recommended) in order stop or minimize the process that looks to have started.

Best regards,

Elie

dvandentop
05-14-11, 09:51 AM
how would they replace the chassis? take the whole body off??

would be a spendy fix for sure

snzuloz
05-14-11, 10:22 AM
That hardly looks like anything to severe to me from those pictures, serious rust is where the frame is literally missing. Surface rust?? Or is the whole frame like this?

Razorecko
05-14-11, 10:29 AM
lol, good thing he doesnt have a toyota. You should see the rust that appears in those cars after one year in chicago.

cbloveday
05-14-11, 11:44 AM
That looks like a hole that has rusted round the edges. In my opinion, I would have them cut into it to see how far the rust has spread on the inside of that hole. They should be able to weld new material in, once they see how far the rust has creeped. It should be as strong as new if not stronger.

Have them refinish and seal all they can get to with out removing the body. It shouldn't be that bad of a fix. It just depends on how much internal rust there is.

BTW, I have not seen anything like that on my car and I have been underneath it alot since I have owned mine. I also drive mine daily, including through the winters in Chicago.

baabootoo
05-14-11, 11:30 PM
That one spot, or did I miss something? That is not real rust my friend. It would have been a lot more like said. That was some type of chemical reaction to damage, weld/bullet hole, or something. I would have them repair that spot, then you won't lose so much value; or so some have said.

MReiland
05-15-11, 07:57 AM
Change out the Chassis? On a Uni-Body Platform? Whoa.... I believe there are front/back subframes but most of the 'chassis' is now an integral part of the car. Look at all the spot welds above the rail in the picture, I can't say for sure but they look welded to the floorpan. I would let them repair that specific plug, removing the surface rust and putting some new paint in the area. But then again it isn't my car, I have seen rust on some frames that you would wonder if there is any metal at all left....

thatcoder
05-15-11, 09:56 AM
That's nothing to sneeze at my friend.

Take a look at real rust.. on a new to me.. bought with 6 miles in October 2010.. 2011 GMC Sierra Denali HD.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatcoder/sets/72157626049207753/show/

I'd use ospho to remove the corrosion, and spray with color matched rustoleum or fluid fill.

2007XTSDub
05-15-11, 11:28 AM
I agree that is nothing to worry about!

Sent from Android.

e6t
05-15-11, 11:56 AM
get it fixed, moved on. non-issue.

thebigjimsho
05-15-11, 01:45 PM
What, is this guy 16? Rust. It's nature. Get over it and let it be patched. If you take it to court, you'll have your ass handed to you.

Geesh. When I was 10, I was underneath a 3 year old Chevy Citation, riveting up and sealing a new floorboard that had rusted clear through. That rust may be a little more than normal these days but up till about 15 years ago, you'd almost expect more in a car 2-3 years old...

JimmyH
05-15-11, 05:24 PM
smell that? it smells like troll....

Tasos
05-15-11, 10:18 PM
Sand it...paint it...done.

muayyadf1
06-03-11, 07:56 PM
What, is this guy 16? Rust. It's nature. Get over it and let it be patched. If you take it to court, you'll have your ass handed to you.

Geesh. When I was 10, I was underneath a 3 year old Chevy Citation, riveting up and sealing a new floorboard that had rusted clear through. That rust may be a little more than normal these days but up till about 15 years ago, you'd almost expect more in a car 2-3 years old...

see you tube..watch?v=lImwAYB7lD0

and he wants everybody to spread the above clip as cadilllac makes the wost cars in the world..becuase of something hit the car and it rusted...

thebigjimsho
06-04-11, 12:45 AM
see you tube..watch?v=lImwAYB7lD0

and he wants everybody to spread the above clip as cadilllac makes the wost cars in the world..becuase of something hit the car and it rusted...
Spread the clip. Funny. Instead, I gave it a big thumbs down. What a turd...

cts-vv
06-04-11, 01:36 AM
مؤيد ولد الزلمه

هههههههههه وحليلك جاي تخبرهم

ابشرك

ان شاء الله لك عزيمه يوم بربح القضيه ضدهم ان شاء الله

وموووت قهر يا ولد الزلمه

muayyadf1
06-04-11, 01:55 AM
Looking forward for the dinner you will invite me in when you win the case ( as he said in Arabic)

Q8 6.2
06-04-11, 06:55 AM
ولد الزلمه هههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههههه ه. هذي مسبه ولا شنو .... حبيبي روح غسلها وبعدين روح دش دوره تعليم السب

M5eater
06-04-11, 10:35 AM
That's nothing to sneeze at my friend.

Take a look at real rust.. on a new to me.. bought with 6 miles in October 2010.. 2011 GMC Sierra Denali HD.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatcoder/sets/72157626049207753/show/

I'd use ospho to remove the corrosion, and spray with color matched rustoleum or fluid fill.

That's surface rust. Perfectly normal. I would bet every Denali the dealer had on his lot you bought yours from had rust in the areas you took a picture of.

JimmyH
06-04-11, 11:31 AM
Did the Saudis buy this forum? They already own all the banks...

thebigjimsho
06-04-11, 06:55 PM
Looks like my brother's chicken scratch...

JimmyH
06-04-11, 08:46 PM
pics or it didnt happen

thebigjimsho
06-04-11, 09:41 PM
p00p.

Q8 6.2
06-05-11, 05:26 AM
Hahaha that was funny man it took many many years of hard work to learn that Man i wish this site would make a compete overhall and include a international forum, this V is sold all over the world and growing.

Also don't forget the Saudis spend thousands and thousands of dollars on here to the supporting vendors so they help this site indirectly too..it would really benefit this site if they had international forum..

David Nicholas
06-05-11, 10:09 AM
This is not anything at all. Most cars in North America look far worse than this after a single winter and no one would even worry about repairing this for a few more years.
If the dealer is offering to patch it up, let him, it's an easy fix.
(there is no "chassis" per se - the repair will not affect the resale value at all)

thebigjimsho
06-06-11, 11:57 AM
وعندما قلت الدجاج لا شيء إطلاقا, لم أقصد ذلك الهجوم على اللغة العربية التي هي. بل كان من المفترض أن تصدر من جهة وحضور والتعامل باللغة العربية حيث معظمنا ليست لديهم فكرة عما يقال.

thebigjimsho
06-06-11, 11:58 AM
Wow, my first post in Arabic. I hope it translated properly. For all I know, it could be just an advertisement for the site I used to translate...

JimmyH
06-06-11, 01:37 PM
or propaganda

thebigjimsho
06-06-11, 01:58 PM
I hope I'm not on the government's watch list...

JimmyH
06-06-11, 02:02 PM
you should be, but not for that reason

thebigjimsho
06-06-11, 02:10 PM
hmm...

JimmyH
06-06-11, 02:11 PM
exactly

thebigjimsho
06-06-11, 02:12 PM
Indeed.