: 2007 ESV owners chime in

Mattah
05-13-11, 11:28 AM
So I have been looking around for an escalade, will be trading in my suburban. I was looking at a reg escalade but going from an suburban I really like the extra space esp. with 3 kiddos.

I Have had my suburban since brand new in 04', now has 70k. I am looking at an 07' ESV with 73k. The milage doesn't really scare me since I personally know who the pervious owner was. I have never bought a first year anything, and knowing that first years usually have kinks that need to be worked out.

I know that the major issue that seems to be on this forum and i have heard it in all escalades I have driven. The damn driver wind noise!

Any other owners or pervious owners have something I should check on or look out for?

Thanks a Bunch

-Matt

bstiffmanofsteel
05-13-11, 11:40 AM
Wind noise!

Big Windy Ext
05-13-11, 03:46 PM
A lot of little stuff,chrome on door handles,trans tsbs, hood hinge tab(if you have dash noise.I cannot remember the other little annoying stuff. I still really love this truck!

bstiffmanofsteel
05-14-11, 12:30 AM
Window trim peeling!

Mattah
05-14-11, 01:20 AM
what is "trans tsbs"

Big Windy Ext
05-15-11, 12:10 AM
If the vehicle is shifting hard,seems like it's in the wrong gear,flares between shifts the bulletins cover how to to repair the trans or reprogam the trans.

MRANT212
05-15-11, 11:27 AM
I have 75k on mine. Wind noise and a couple of other issues with the truck. Seems to have an appetite for batteries. Im on my 3rd one. Brake rotors suck as well!

baleman
05-19-11, 11:33 AM
Well, I always buy first year. The new feel lasts longer. But more to your question. Also keep in mind the 07's have more little neat stuff that are no longer offered. i.e. real leather headrests, a button for the driver to fold the rear seats without having to get out of the vehicle to name a couple. Not that they make a big difference, but my 07 feels a little special to have something that is no longer available.

I have 101,000 and It's is still my favorite family car to date.

If you do get it, they are awesome, and I really love the extra space and looks of the ESV.

Mattah
05-19-11, 12:49 PM
Well, I always buy first year. The new feel lasts longer. But more to your question. Also keep in mind the 07's have more little neat stuff that are no longer offered. i.e. real leather headrests, a button for the driver to fold the rear seats without having to get out of the vehicle to name a couple. Not that they make a big difference, but my 07 feels a little special to have something that is no longer available.

I have 101,000 and It's is still my favorite family car to date.

If you do get it, they are awesome, and I really love the extra space and looks of the ESV.

Yea ive noticed with the 11' that the button for the rear seat release is no longer above where the sunroof is. Did not know that it has real leather headrest, not that I care much anyways.

Maybe you guys could help me on this, the salesmen does not know what the color this esv is. He says it has a gold look to it in the sun, but it looks silver.... You guys are the experts haha

http://www.wagnercadillac.us/VehicleDetails/used-2007-Cadillac-Escalade_ESV-AWD_4dr-Tyler-TX/1073971373

I think the price is GREAT, just wish it had some warranty. Looking to get this sometime in the next couple days if the numbers are just right.

I really do appreciate everyone that did comment!

zam2000
05-19-11, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a great deal, color is light-gold, pretty popular. Look like car is fully loaded & in decent condition.

An ESV like that would not cost less than 35-36K here in SoCal. One of my buddy has been looking around for months, and couldn't come to anything close to this

Yea ive noticed with the 11' that the button for the rear seat release is no longer above where the sunroof is. Did not know that it has real leather headrest, not that I care much anyways.

Maybe you guys could help me on this, the salesmen does not know what the color this esv is. He says it has a gold look to it in the sun, but it looks silver.... You guys are the experts haha

http://www.wagnercadillac.us/VehicleDetails/used-2007-Cadillac-Escalade_ESV-AWD_4dr-Tyler-TX/1073971373

I think the price is GREAT, just wish it had some warranty. Looking to get this sometime in the next couple days if the numbers are just right.

I really do appreciate everyone that did comment!

Mattah
05-19-11, 06:07 PM
Well I live in Austin, TX and we only have one caddy dealer (Covert). They sell there ESV for 36+ easy!!! So that dealer is 5 hours away, still a great deal.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-20-11, 11:24 AM
If you are looking to get something to cover the vehicle you could look into getting a GMPP when you purchase the vehicle. www.gmprotection.com is the website you would use to get a bit of information on the GMPP program. You could get a price from your dealership as well at the time of purchase to see how much it would cost for you to get this coverage. Also is the vehicle being sold as a Certified Pre Owned Cadillac? You may also want to look into this as well. http://www.cadillac.com/tools/certified-vehicles/ is the website url that you would be looking for to get a look at our program for our used vehicles. I hope this information helps you!

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-20-11, 01:05 PM
I have 75k on mine. Wind noise and a couple of other issues with the truck. Seems to have an appetite for batteries. Im on my 3rd one. Brake rotors suck as well!

I'm sorry to hear about all the issues that you've had with your vehicle. Have you been to get these issue resolved yet or are you still experienceing the wind noise and the rotor issue? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

rjherrmann
05-20-11, 01:06 PM
Get a warranty.

My 07 has the same issues as everyone else:
-Wind Noise
-Heated Seat Controller
-Throttle Body
-Pealing Chrome
-Hard Shifts (although this has come on as of late, so I have not investigated)
-Paint peeling off...

Otherwise, it's great.

Punmax
05-21-11, 01:55 AM
Piston slap.

Mattah
05-21-11, 10:07 PM
Both of my current suv, have the piston slap. hell I just figure its normal now. haha