: Other Northstar Vehicles (LD8)

99BonnevilleSE
05-13-11, 01:58 AM
Hi my name is Ryan. I just joined here. I'm an avid member of the Pontiac Bonneville Club.

Lately I recently have been interested in the Bonneville GXPs for a next car. Which I'm sure you know is Northstar quipped. It was made in 2004-2005. But what is the performance tuning available for these vehicles. Does HP Tuners support? Is there somebody I could send my PCM to? Sorry I sound like such a noob, I know nothing about these engines. My father recently just bought a 2007 Buick Lucerne with the same engine, that's all my experience. Thanks in advance!

ben.gators
05-13-11, 02:12 AM
Hello and welcome!
Two forum members own GXP. You can find the thread for one of them in the community lounge. The short and simple answer to your questions is no! We are speaking about a highly engineered motor, and the factory engineers have applied any possible technique that can safely improve the engine performance.

You are not in the right section of the forum, there is a whole dedicated section for N* engine in the forum, and in that section you will find more than you need about this engine:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/

Good luck

cadi509
05-13-11, 02:16 AM
I assume the buick is the CXS how do those drive and handle I've always thought the CXS is a sharp looking car, and yea like ben said no performance mod's, there is very minor ones but nothing aftermarket, one is the airbox cut out trick, but idk what your airbox looks like.

Ranger
05-13-11, 10:21 AM
What you see is what you get. GM did most of it for you. After all it DOES put out 1 HP per C.I.D. and that's nothing to sneeze at.

I'll move this to the Northstar forum.

maeng9981
05-13-11, 02:23 PM
:welcome:

No aftermarket performance stuff. Well you can make those universal kits to fit but it will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and probably some more extra $$$$$$.