: Milky White Goo inside Oil Filler Cap

joeskisnow
05-13-11, 12:07 AM
The oil is not milky YET !!! but when I pull the oil fill cap it is a little milky there. I went by the book doing the whole 90 - 90 - 90 - 15 degree turn of the head bolts, but does anyone know of an actual number to torque to ?? the whole torque 90 degrees 3 times then 15 degrees is crappy....I guess I will pull the plugs and check to see if it is just one head or two gaskets...

If anyone can shed some light on this for me it would be great !!!

i know elbrown4183, said something about a rubber valve. Can you or anyone clarify where thise rubber valve is at ??

elvin315
05-13-11, 09:58 AM
The white "mayo" is an emultion caused by a mix of oil and coolant or water. The first indicates a leaking oil cooler. The second is just normal water condensation. To tell which one is causing it is to clean the mayo off the cap and dipstick and go for a 30 minute drive. Check for mayo. If it's gone it was likely condensation. If it returns you probably have a leaking oil cooler.

joeskisnow
05-13-11, 07:16 PM
thanks man. Thats what I was thinking. The oil itself is good. the "Mayo" was only on the filler cap tube and only at the top of the tube. We have wiped the "Mayo" off and are checking it now.

elvin315
05-16-11, 07:28 PM
The condensation is an indication that the crankcase breather box is clogged. Search for the procedure. It's here somewhere. Left clogged and eventually the camcover gaskets will leak oil on the exhaust heat shields.

JDB
05-16-11, 10:24 PM
Lots of short trips? Drive it the long way home.

joeskisnow
05-20-11, 08:53 PM
ok so call me slow, call me computer illiterate...but i can not find the procedure for the crankcase ventilation. I see where the hose is that goes into it and I pulled the hose off, to find a lot of gunk in there. If someone would be so kind as to post the link to that procedure it wold be great !!!

elvin315
05-20-11, 11:44 PM
A reprint from the Omega Owners Forum in Merry Ol:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/225910-cleaning-breather-box.html

Courtesy of the Vauxhall Owners Network in you know where:
http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?118814-Cleaning-the-Breathers-on-the-V6

joeskisnow
05-21-11, 11:11 AM
thanks elvin315, This does help a lot !!