: Another exhaust bolt customer.

wdo-mkr
05-11-11, 12:22 PM
Greetings,

I recently added an 07 Escalade to my collection and decided this time I was going to go ahead and purchase an extended gmac warranty with it this time. Boy am I happy I did. Picked up the SUV and noticed the very next morning after it had been sitting that it was ticking slightly. Having had a number of other cars and trucks with headers, I knew this sound instantly. Yep. Leaking exhaust. Thought it might be where the manifold meets the y-pipe. Nope. Several of the exhaust manifold bolts had the heads broken off. I pulled all the service records and no one has ever done any motor work on this one so it seems to be related to the exhaust header bolt issue that many are now reporting across the internet. The dealer was more than willing to work on it and take care of the issue of course, but at the moment they are stuck pulling the intake, and both heads. I had also noted a little bit of lifter and or rock arm noise and they are looking into that. Again this is a very well kept 2007 with only 38k on the clock folks. I tried to get my service manager to pop a z06 cam and springs in it since he was going to have the heads off, but no go. Gotta pay if you want to play. Not willing to give up the extended warranty right now for 30 more hp.

2007 Escalde - Black/Black, Stock "for now"
1991 ZR-1 Corvette - White, Grey, Mostly Stock. 410hp. For sale
2001 Kenne Bell Corvette - Black, Mod Red interior, Not very stock. 535hp
1991 ZR-1 415 Corvette - Red/Black, Black int, Not even close to stock, 600HP/585trq. - Not for sale.

Big Windy Ext
05-11-11, 12:35 PM
I had my cat/exhaust bolts replaced but I wasn't aware that manifold bolts were breaking. I:mad2::lildevil::mad2::mad2::mad2: had that problem on my 6.0 Suburban . They lifted the body to drill broken:lildevil: manifold bolts.

wdo-mkr
05-11-11, 12:47 PM
Seems to be quite common. Found a number of references to this happening on a lot of LS series trucks, tahoes, escalades, etc. I need a couple more posts before I can post a you tube link as well. Happy its covered under warranty. Sad I can't get them to install my AFR 225s and a couple other spare bits I have laying around the shop.

2007 Escalde - Black/Black, Stock "for now"
1991 ZR-1 Corvette - White, Grey, Mostly Stock. 410hp. For sale
2001 Kenne Bell Corvette - Black, Mod Red interior, Not very stock. 535hp
1991 ZR-1 415 Corvette - Red/Black, Black int, Not even close to stock, 600HP/585trq. - Not for sale.