: 2005 STS V8 Strange Electrial Issues???

lhayes1976
05-11-11, 11:52 AM
The first thing I noticed was a strange noise coming from the dash. It sounds like my CD player is trying to change discs even though the power is off the CD player. The latest issue is the driver door lock--it can only be opened manually with a key. The remoter works on the passenger side, but you still have to pull the handle from inside to open the driver door. Is this going to be an expensive fix? It figures, I just made my last pymt a month ago.

Greg00coupe
05-11-11, 12:09 PM
Would think these are 2 unrelated issues. Don't know about the noise but the door issue is on here in numerous posts. If the drivers door handle opens the other doors but you use the key for the drivers door most likely its a micro switch covered in a post or so down from this one. Expensive? Depends...... Dealer yes. Good independent no. Probably about what you car payment was for one month. Do it yourself not so much.

EChas3
05-11-11, 11:43 PM
The power to the Nav/Stereo is never really off. It starts-up when you approach the car.

See the 2-part thread on door locks. If you're handy you can save some cash. Even if you have your mechanic fix it, knowledge helps.