: Im back ...Again

Stoneage_Caddy
05-11-11, 11:05 AM
So yeah Im poking around here after being gone for a year or so.

Been a interesting year , I just left my job at lowes to join my little brothers business.

The ol Deville is still with us but she hasnt had it easy -
Last september my lady was driving the deville home from work when a car stopped short infront of her , she went off the road but a CTS 2 cars back didnt stop fast enough and went into a old lincolin which shot the towncar into my deville. The towncar was a complete writeoff , the CTS lives up the street and hasnt ran since the crash. took me 1 week to put my car back to the way it once was. Sadly my insurance company dropped me even though the accident was not our fault. So the Deville sits in the driveway for now till I get new insureance from a reputable company (i had some fly by night people as it turns out).
The Harley is long gone now , after the crash of the deville i lost my nerve to ride , and i hated the payments so away it went.

Long short im back , hopefully sal sees me here becuse we need to talk about me and my brother becomeong supporting vendors for our business , I also hope i see all my old freinds. Only people i see anymore are julie and tom boombotz as they drive there little one to and from school. I would wave but i dont think they would know its me in a 400,000 mile 1991 spirit daily beater car.

jordan00escalade
05-11-11, 11:09 AM
Your name seems familiar for some reason.. Anyhow Welcome back.

Stingroo
05-11-11, 11:20 AM
Welcome back, fellow Floridian.

Lord Cadillac
05-11-11, 11:45 AM
Honestly, I have been wondering where you are.. I'm glad to see you're still alive.. PM with me details of your business when you get a moment.. Or use the contact link at the bottom of the page. Actually, that works better...

'glad you're back!

Stoneage_Caddy
05-11-11, 12:05 PM
ok did the contact thingy at the bottom

boy i didnt think i was as rusty as i was with this whole internet thing , not having it at home for 2 years blows

OffThaHorseCEO
05-11-11, 12:24 PM
what ever happenned to lego stoney?

Stoneage_Caddy
05-11-11, 12:33 PM
he is living in a huge lego town at my house ill get pics

Sevillian273
05-11-11, 01:00 PM
Here he is in his original appearance:

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/6675-1.jpg

Seems he has aged a bit and joined the NRA since '88. :D

gdwriter
05-11-11, 01:11 PM
Welcome back, Mike. Good luck with the business and hope Gladys is back on the road soon. And I would love to see a revival of Lego Stoney traveling among the membership.

Brett
05-11-11, 03:17 PM
welcome back Mike, I was just thinking about you the other day, weird.

77CDV
05-11-11, 03:28 PM
He's alive! ALIVE!!!!

Welcome back! :)

Kev
05-11-11, 03:47 PM
Mike! How the heck are you man?!! Good to see your posts!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-11-11, 07:01 PM
Well **** me standing. Nice to see you back Mike! :)

RightTurn
05-11-11, 11:58 PM
Hey Mike! :heart: It's great to see you posting again. :wave:

Playdrv4me
05-12-11, 02:40 AM
First Ralph makes a cameo appearance, now Stoney... What next, HRS?!

http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/oh_noes.gif

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-12-11, 08:23 AM
Davesdeville. :lol:

Playdrv4me
05-12-11, 10:19 PM
Davesdeville. :lol:

Oh GOD... Imagine having both of the DD's here at the same time... The internet would implode.

Destroyer
05-12-11, 10:31 PM
Good to hear from you again man! :thumbsup:

Submariner409
05-12-11, 10:37 PM
:sneaky: There goes the neighborhood....................

Night Wolf
05-25-11, 11:47 PM
Dude, Mike!

Man, long time no talk! I make trips to the Tampa Bay area and wonder how you're doing. Now and then when my '93 Coupe DeVille comes to mind I think about Gladys. Glad to hear it's still around.

Some of the best car meets I've been to remain the Old Town meet(s) and International Plaza.... Just a mix of the people, cars, place, point in life etc... good memories.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/southeast/17419d1139109915-tampa-mall-rats-06-pdr_1114.jpg

Stingroo
05-25-11, 11:49 PM
Welcome back, Rick.

ga_etc
05-25-11, 11:50 PM
HOLY CRAP! Rick lives!

Playdrv4me
05-25-11, 11:53 PM
Sneaky f***er. Welcome back.

Playdrv4me
05-25-11, 11:59 PM
Thought about you the other day when I was looking at this, Rick... http://wichita.craigslist.org/ctd/2398016485.html

And yes, it is ridiculously, insanely overpriced.

Night Wolf
05-26-11, 12:20 AM
LOL! Yeah, I've been away for a bit myself. I was spending way too much time online and especially these forums so I cut a lot of it out to actually be productive around the house/vehicles etc...

Noelle - not much has changed, still a work in progress. Was going to be completed this Summer but on hold for quite a long time now that the Jeep is getting more money dumped into it than it would have taken to finish the e30.

Jeep - "stock till paid off" is far from what happened... if I didn't like the thing so much I'd probably write off Chrysler as a whole, period. It really is a love hate relationship. I was close to selling it as for whatever reason, after 2yrs and 50k miles, the resale value is just about exactly what I paid for it (seriosuly). When I smacked myself in the head I then realized "What the heck am I doing? I can't sell my Jeep - thats *my* Jeep" I started dumping thousands into it, and still not done yet. Repairs, upgrades and modifications... sadly a huge chunk of that cost is junk that should in no way need to be replaced at 93k miles (IE: transmission). It currently sits with an entirely stripped interior so I can bedline the whole inside tub... and yet more repairs/upgrades.

Panzer - this old tank still more than holds its own and has carted my butt along the whole East coast, from NY to FL getting driven like I stole it every day. You can crash an old BMW but can't wear it out for sure.

House - wind damage to roof, insurance paying for new roof minus deductible which is great because the roof was at the end of its life anyway.

Project stuff - I bought a welder and grinder, let the carnage begin!

Heh, I found the old, Old Town meet thread just for fun. Damn, that was a heck of a turn out - something like 40+ cars? I see more pictures of my '93 Coupe next to Gladys. Lately I've really been missing that car - it was my first car, I was never going to sell it but it was stolen. I've looked around but it wouldn't be the same. I want another Slate Bronze Metallic Coupe ('93 only) 119 were made, the chance of finding another one much less in decent condition? Yeah right.

Mike - If you plan on selling Gladys again, I get first dibs!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/Boombotz1/Old%20Town%20Meet/DSC01342.jpg

My Coupe, from Gladys

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01678.jpg

Playdrv4me
05-26-11, 01:10 AM
Wow, that was a nice car.

Night Wolf
05-26-11, 02:26 AM
My Coupe? It was bought in FL - West Palm IIRC. Driven up to NY in '03 when I started driving it in July at age 16. I got the Oldsmobile as a winter car to keep it off the salty roads. It had 79,917 miles when I started driving it. In the 3yrs I had it I drove it over 40k miles. Besides extensive maintenace and replacement of parts, I did all sorts of mods both large and small to that car; visual, electrical, inside, outside - it was very unique. Just before it was stolen I had new premium tires installed and had the windows tinted. I also spent 3yrs building up one heck of a (quality, not SPL) sound system, all hidden except for head unit. I finally just got the entire system tuned perfect. That car was seriously like my own personal music room when I was done with it - simply an amazing sounding setup. At the end, the clearcoat was fading on all horizontal surfaces. It had one more year of tech school to last then it was going to get a premium quality repaint once I started my career. Also the transmission wasn't shifting as good as it used to. At the time, I did not know that even though it was electronic, it still had a vacuum control module which may have been the issue, part of it or none at all.

I've got all sorts of memories with that car. First speeding ticket 3 days after I got my license, taking it to the dragstrip 3 weeks after getting my license...

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1471/2781/3676390042_large.jpg

These pictures were taken in the plaza at the corner of East Bay Dr and US19 in Clearwater, some of the best, and last pictures I have of the car, though this was before I spent ~$800 in the premium tires I only enjoyed for 3 weeks.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/16859d1137565623-so-coupe-before-pdr_1009.jpg

I converted the speedometer to digital. All the dash trim is real wood off a Fleetwood - the ugly orange was sanded away and it was then stained/poly coated. I wired up the "car is leveling" light, neat little extra. The sound system consided of the noise filtered Alpine deck, XM radio and aux input. Infinity Kappas in the rear and Reference components up front. An Alpine 4ch amp powered the in-cabin speakers while the custom built long-throw, hard hitting 10" sealed sub was driven by its own powerful amp. Both amps shared a huge capacitor for no dimming lights even when pushed hard. Both doors were fully dynomatted. I also hard wired the radar detector at the top of the windshield to turn on/off with the car and get it off the dash. I still have that detector as it wasn't in the car when it was stolen. Everything else was.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/16861d1137565695-so-coupe-before-pdr_1014.jpg

I flew up to NY for a week Summer of '06 to drive my Oldsmobile down. The '79 was wrecked just months ago. When i get back to my apartment, my car is gone. Complex didn't tow it, nobody saw a thing, car was parked in the same spot I always parked it. It was in park and the parking brake was applied as always (all 4 tires locked) yet not a single tire mark. No broken glass and it had an operating Pass-Key II system. The gauge was blinking E for a bit when I parked it, I was questioning if it would even make it to the gas station when I returned. I drove all over the area for weeks after, it wasn't at any of the junk yards, no police record at all. No theft coverage at all (money was tight). It was a total loss just months after the '79 was a total loss.... however this car was truely special to me. 1 of 119, I want another. I really miss that car. I've still got a handful of extra parts I raided the junkyard for - and I've thrown/given away a lot too. Also still have the factory service manual.

When I had that car, I sometimes told myself if I could, I'd trade it for a '95 Eldorado ETC, which is the other Caddy I still really want. Since then, I also told myself other than Slate bronze metallic, I'd possibly take a triple black (non fake convertible top) car. Now between the 2 - I'd want another '93 CDV. I have no need for it, and it probably wouldn't get used a whole lot... but it doesn't matter.

Alright, I'm done hijacking Mike's thread for now.... damnit I'm thinking about that car again and this Summer will have been 5yrs it's gone, sheesh.

greencadillacmatt
05-26-11, 03:49 AM
^I was starting to miss the EPICLY LONG NightWolf posts. Welcome back, guys.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-26-11, 07:30 AM
theres wolf ....
those pics bring back memories ....
Gladys is going to rehab in a month or two. you would crap yourself to see how she looks right now.
Its not terrible but a far cry from how she looked in those pics at old town . the list is sitting here , blower motor , rear tire , weather stripping , oil cooler lines ,steering wheel , driver seat the front grille needs to be strightend out, plates and insureance and i have to attack the scratches on the rear bumper that are leftovers from the crash that killed a town car and a cts . but at least the paint still is in great shape . ive driven the car like 12 miles in 6 months , been driving the snot out of the spirit becuse of gas prices and all.

Hell the rate im going ill be in rehab too , blood pressure is even higher , panic attacks that feel like heart attacks , 2 blown shoulders , and a strange pain in my stomach that every once in awhile brings me right to my knees.

Kev
05-26-11, 10:02 AM
^I was starting to miss the EPICLY LONG NightWolf posts. Welcome back, guys.Me too! ... then I came to my senses ......
:cool2:

ejguillot
05-26-11, 11:38 AM
To both of you guys: welcome back! I'd met you briefly during the '07 meets (Mike at the Green Iguana, Rick at Peabody's). Still driving the 2000 STS, now with head stud kit installed (last year, no problems in 20K miles). :)

Night Wolf
05-26-11, 05:05 PM
I remember Peabody's now, forgot about that one!

I just spent 4 days in Clearwater last month. I removed the transmission from my Jeep, put it in the trunk of the Panzer and bought a fresh reman from the Lakeland Chrysler dealer - had the best price. Then the clutch company was right in largo so I pick up a new one, also got a new battery for it. The old Bimmer was loaded up with all this stuff in the trunk and still kicked butt.

Green Iguana I've been to though not with anyone here. Shepard's on Clearwater is still the best niteclub, IMO.

Destroyer
05-27-11, 10:36 PM
Shepard's on Clearwater is still the best niteclub, IMO.
The buffet is killer!!!!:thumbsup:

CIWS
05-28-11, 07:37 AM
http://www.ciws.info/gijoe/legoresearch.jpg

Florian
05-29-11, 11:42 AM
Hey Mike, glad to hear all is well with you and moreso, glad youre back.

F

Night Wolf
05-30-11, 09:27 PM
The buffet is killer!!!!:thumbsup:

I'll have to check it out sometime!