: Any V's Going to Texas Mile Memorial Day?

dons
05-10-11, 09:21 PM
Was wondering if there are any V owners going to the Texas Mile May 27, 28 and 29? It will be in Beeville, Texas about 140 miles southeast of Austin. I believe that registration is still open. There were a few V's there in March. I plan to take my 2009 V automatic with a goal of breaking 180 MPH. Last October I went through the mile trap at 176.9MPH. It's an exciting event and am hoping that we have a few more V's present. Thank you. DonS :thumbsup:

Busabob
05-10-11, 10:11 PM
I'm going to make it one of these days. Is it only once a year Don?

Busabob
05-10-11, 10:16 PM
Oops never mind, I see they're having another one 10/21. http://www.texasmile.net/index.php

1087 miles from Phoenix.....hmmmmmmm

dons
05-10-11, 10:18 PM
I'm going to make it one of these days. Is it only once a year Don?

They now have 3 events a year, one in October, one in March and now they have added a third event in May. Thay also have moved the event to Beeville, Texas from Goliad Texas. Check out there web site by typing in Texas Mile on your web browser. DonS

neuronbob
05-10-11, 10:45 PM
1476 miles from my house. Waaaaaaaaaaah!

I will go to this someday.

hunterkiller
05-11-11, 05:21 PM
Been there and had way to much fun. You can see my car run on the Texas mile video section. Its somthing every one should do at least once if not ten times.

dons
05-11-11, 06:57 PM
Been there and had way to much fun. You can see my car run on the Texas mile video section. Its somthing every one should do at least once if not ten times.

Dan saw the video, it was awsome. Are you going to be there and run your V?

transam79
05-11-11, 09:48 PM
I'll be there with my 2011 black standard trans sedan! Really looking forward to it. I went to the last event but didn't get registered in time to run my car.:thumbsup:

PremierJosh
05-12-11, 10:48 AM

Last time I looked your video was removed. It was moved will you repost or pm me a link.

Domsz06
05-12-11, 11:20 AM
I want to go, but I'm not going to go to this first event at the new location and with the new "qualifcation" rules. Going to wait and see how it goes and give them a chance to work out the bugs.

dons
05-12-11, 07:14 PM
I'll be there with my 2011 black standard trans sedan! Really looking forward to it. I went to the last event but didn't get registered in time to run my car.:thumbsup:

Look me up when you get there. My V is a black automatic sedan. No. 165 on the doors. I plan to be there and set up Thursday evening and will be ready to go first thing Friday. Looking forward to the V's having a good "showing". DonS

Gordy Petrovski
05-12-11, 09:47 PM
Good luck Dons & I'll be looking for that 180 mph time slip when you get back.

transam79
05-12-11, 11:24 PM
Look me up when you get there. My V is a black automatic sedan. No. 165 on the doors. I plan to be there and set up Thursday evening and will be ready to go first thing Friday. Looking forward to the V's having a good "showing". DonS

Will do Don. My number is 311 and I'll be there to set up Thursday evening as well. See you then!

Mike

John Hennessey
05-16-11, 03:11 PM
I wish I could go but have another commitment that same weekend. Now one of you guys crank up the boost, turn up the nitrous, fold the mirrors in, etc. and break my 185 mph CTS-V record (my V sedan 6sp manual with 630 rw hp). It would be great to see a V break into the 190's or even crack 200 in the mile.

dons
05-29-11, 09:45 PM
I wish I could go but have another commitment that same weekend. Now one of you guys crank up the boost, turn up the nitrous, fold the mirrors in, etc. and break my 185 mph CTS-V record (my V sedan 6sp manual with 630 rw hp). It would be great to see a V break into the 190's or even crack 200 in the mile.

Well it is tough John to break your record. I have tried now on several occasions with my automatic to break it. Last year I ran a 176.9 and my rev limiter just plain shut me down. Couldn't make it in March due to a broken transmission, but I did make it to the May event this week end. Friday winds blowing out of the south were at times up to 45 MPH gust. Saturday was a little less windy but noticable strong.

I did however run a 180 MPH with 20 mile winds in my face. Not bad for an automatic. Don't know if I can ever break your record but feel I can come pretty close. There were three other V's present, a four dr, 2011 driven my Mike (Transam79) and two V coupes. I believe thay were all manual. I had to leave the races at noon Saturday so I do not know how they did. Hopefully they will post there top speed soon. DonS

Domsz06
05-30-11, 11:52 AM
yeah I heard it was a pretty bad head wind. I wonder if it's always like that there or what... If it is always windy it won't bring the big dawgs back....