: 94 Brougham tail light questions

renegaderob18
05-10-11, 05:50 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew which bulb was for the reverse light, brake light, and turn signal. I saw there was a top middle and bottom bulb back there when I took off the cover, but did not know which was which since I had no help to look.

Barrister_07101
05-10-11, 07:16 PM
There are no reverse lights in the tail lights. They are 1157 bulbs - which have two elements. The first element is the parking/driving element which is low level light and on whenever the parking light or head lights are on. The second is a high level light, which activates when you depress the brake. The reverse lights are the horizontal lights next to the license plate.

renegaderob18
05-10-11, 08:40 PM
Thank you. I was wondering because I pulled out the bottom lights on both side of the tail lights cause I had one out so I replaced both. Now when I turn on the turn signal the right turn signal blinks normal while the left side blinks twice as fast. I used 2057 bulbs. Any idea why the left turn signal blinks twice as fast since replacing them both?

jayoldschool
05-10-11, 09:50 PM
Blinking twice as fast because they are drawing more current. If you want to keep those bulbs, get an electronic "trailer" flasher. Any parts store will have them.

renegaderob18
05-10-11, 10:45 PM
What would be the correct bulb for the tail light turn signals to get it back to normal speed cause the book said 2057? If I also left the 2057 bulb in and it continues to draw more current will that hurt anything?