: Does Cadillac release the ATS as is and on time? Or fix it and release it later?

Lord Cadillac
05-10-11, 01:32 PM
As we're already discussing, there are some problems with the new Cadillac ATS (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-technical-discussion-forum/229636-cadillac-ats-probably-going-weigh-about.html) (click the link to read about the issues). Should Cadillac delay the introduction of the ATS? Keep in mind they'd have no entry-level vehicle when the next CTS moves upmarket to cover for the missing STS... Or should Cadillac just start selling it as a patched-up compromise of what they'd planned on?

Stingroo
05-10-11, 02:07 PM
I'm filing this under sensationalist news writing until I see actual proof that the car is 4,000 pounds.

Lord Cadillac
05-10-11, 02:10 PM
Just letting you know that none of this is made up. I don't do that. But treat it as you wish.

BenzCTS
05-10-11, 02:19 PM
They should make it right the first time. I am very interested in this car and I don't want to buy it to find out the following year will be a better car

OffThaHorseCEO
05-10-11, 03:12 PM
they should put mass resources on getting it right but as close to schedule as possible. not rushed and unfinished, but not a day late/dollar short either

EChas3
05-10-11, 09:56 PM
Do it right or don't bother. The market doesn't another toyota with a different nameplate.

Jesda
05-11-11, 04:04 PM
They should definitely do a half-ass job.

77CDV
05-11-11, 04:43 PM
I don't particularly care about the ATS nor whether it's ever released or not. It's not my kind of car. But, if Cadillac is going to make it, they may as well make it right the first time.

MikeTerp
05-19-11, 08:27 PM
Get it right first. Cadillac cannot trumpet the ATS as a serious BMW 3-series competitor if does not give a very good account of itself in comparison. The worst case would be for the automotive press and the enthusiast world to pan the ATS as a slug and see it finish last in comparison tests. Caddy does not need that. Sure, some will sell no matter what, but Cadillac needs this car to seriously help them in the market, not just show up.