: To New Jersey members looking for a used car

Dadillac
05-09-11, 09:02 PM
On Wednesday May 4th I drove from my home in Woodbridge NJ down south to Glassboro NJ. It was a 90 mile ride that took me about 2 hours. My trek was for an awesome deal on a car. The car was a 2008 DTS Performance model with just under 53,000 miles on it. Price was $19,999. I test drove the car and fell in love with it. I did the paperwork and drove it home. The dealer name is Matt Blatt Suzuki. I do not normally plug dealers but these guys came through huge. It took less than three hours from walking in to driving away. Plus they held my old car for me until I could pick it up this past Saturday. This same 2008 DTS would have cost at least $5,000 more around my area. Matt Blatt lists their used cars at ridiculously low prices, so do not ask, for anything lower. I asked for a $100 discount because the floor mats weren't OEM. They told me that they were making a very small profit on this car (and I believe them) that there is no wiggle room. They already have the lowest price that they can sell for. So for anyone anywhere near them it is worth it to check them out. You won't be disappointed as long as you accept that the price on the internet is the price that you will pay

Don

ben.gators
05-09-11, 09:29 PM
Yeah, their prices sound reasonable and good! I checked their website and they have couple of low millage second gen CTS listed very near to 20k$!

BTW, congratulations for the new ride... where are the pictures? :D

Playdrv4me
05-10-11, 05:12 AM
so do not ask, for anything lower.

Bah! There's *ALWAYS* room for negotiation and the only person who LOSES by not making a lower offer is the BUYER. The trick is to email the offer before you ever get there and work the negotiation that way. They have an '01 Town Car for 8 grand... I've nearly bought 2003s for 2 grand less than that and they weren't Northeast cars... The '08 Escalade for 36 grand isn't really anything to write home about either.

DouglasJRizzo
05-10-11, 12:07 PM
On Wednesday May 4th I drove from my home in Woodbridge NJ down south to Glassboro NJ. It was a 90 mile ride that took me about 2 hours. My trek was for an awesome deal on a car. The car was a 2008 DTS Performance model with just under 53,000 miles on it. Price was $19,999. I test drove the car and fell in love with it. I did the paperwork and drove it home. The dealer name is Matt Blatt Suzuki. I do not normally plug dealers but these guys came through huge. It took less than three hours from walking in to driving away. Plus they held my old car for me until I could pick it up this past Saturday. This same 2008 DTS would have cost at least $5,000 more around my area. Matt Blatt lists their used cars at ridiculously low prices, so do not ask, for anything lower. I asked for a $100 discount because the floor mats weren't OEM. They told me that they were making a very small profit on this car (and I believe them) that there is no wiggle room. They already have the lowest price that they can sell for. So for anyone anywhere near them it is worth it to check them out. You won't be disappointed as long as you accept that the price on the internet is the price that you will pay

Don

Don, thanks for the info! I'm in the used car market now for a daily driver!

Dadillac
05-10-11, 08:51 PM
I called them a few days before going there and asked them if I brought $19,500 cash would they accept it. I was told no. This is the very first car I have ever bought that I paid full asking price. The deal was way too good to pass because they wouldn't drop price. Anyone in Northern or Central Jersey will attest that cars are priced on the high side.

Pictures will follow after I detail the exterior. The previous owner had put a ton of surface scratches on the paint. Even though these will not show up in pics I need the car looking sweet before I will photo it. Plus I am going to be painting the grille black so I want that done too. As well as painting the calipers.

Don

Playdrv4me
05-11-11, 05:06 AM
I believe that YOUR deal was a good one, don't get me wrong. What I'm saying is that if you have nothing to lose, it would be kind of silly to not make an offer just on the assumption they won't take it.

Also, for those that have good credit or the means to pay for a car cash, I've never quite understood the dynamic of not traveling to get a better deal (and if you're in the Northeast, a better used car in general, as nothing can make up for the roads and weather up there at any cost).

Jesda
05-11-11, 05:28 AM
Americans treat money like a dirty hush hush thing. Its probably why folks spend beyond their means and live in a debt-funded dreamland.

ben.gators
05-11-11, 05:43 AM
Americans treat money like a dirty hush hush thing. Its probably why folks spend beyond their means and live in a debt-funded dreamland.

Welcome to Materialism and Capitalism!

ben.gators
05-11-11, 05:57 AM
Playdrv4me is right about the Lincolns! It surprised me too when I was checking their inventory. Lincolns are priced high but Cadillacs are priced reasonable and even low.
It is not easy to find a 2008 low millage CTS for about 20k$ in a dealership!

Just aside, today I went to a local GM (Cadillac, GMC, Buick, Hummer) dealership to pick up some parts for my STS. I took a look to their inventory and there were couple of certified second gen CTS for about 26-27K$. Notice a Cadillac certified car comes with 6 year- 100k-mile bumper to bumper warranty, free road side assistance, and free rental car. I was thinking that financing a used 2008 Cadillac is not a very good idea because the car will be out of warranty in one or two years but it will take about 5 years to pay off the car! But a Cadillac certified car will be still under the warranty while you are paying the loan. Therefore spending 5k$ more for buying a certified Cadillac makes sense....