: Lift recommendation

DallasSladeFR8TRN
05-09-11, 06:42 PM
Sup dudes and dudettes.... Wanted to c if anyone had any comment on the thought of air ride suspention vs. Lift kit..... My main concern is the front driveshaft..... Is it possible to put bags on a awd.... Thnks peeps.... Also any one know whats the best way to take off the govenor with being charged their house note

iMotion
05-09-11, 08:02 PM
I just put a 3.5" Skyjacker Kit on my 2007 Escalade EXT AWD and have no driveshaft problems.

I don't know anything about bagging AWD Escalade but my 2003 Infiniti FX45 is AWD bagged on 24's with no problems and my 2000 Audi TT Quarto is bagged on 20's with no problems.

I think the drive shaft issues is only with lifting too high. If you bag it to lay frame you should be able to drive at low speeds while driving lowered then raise it to stock height when you move up to freeway speed. That way your drive shaft will be at the normal required position and not cause the unwanted vibration.

Here's pics of my EXT lifted. I should have wheels on it later this week.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/228489-does-lift-kit-awd-escalade-ext.html