: While I was gone...

outsider
05-09-11, 04:16 PM
While I was away in Vegas I left my 95 fleetwood at the garage to have the distributor cap replaced...

Came back to find that they replaced the whole distributor and the water pump! Nice!

Also...one bad thing...the oil leak I asked about that I thought was coming in behind the water pump is actually coming from the front of the intake manifold. Oddly, I don't think Napa caries the intake manifold gasket for it because when I searched intake manifold gasket it only came back with waht looks to be exhaust gaskets. :(

HUF
05-09-11, 07:41 PM
Get an intake gasket from Advance or rockauto.

turbojimmy
05-11-11, 11:22 AM
While I was away in Vegas I left my 95 fleetwood at the garage to have the distributor cap replaced...

Came back to find that they replaced the whole distributor and the water pump! Nice!

Also...one bad thing...the oil leak I asked about that I thought was coming in behind the water pump is actually coming from the front of the intake manifold. Oddly, I don't think Napa caries the intake manifold gasket for it because when I searched intake manifold gasket it only came back with waht looks to be exhaust gaskets. :(

How come your '95 has a distributor cap?

outsider
05-11-11, 11:29 AM
opti-cap ;)

If it were just a normal distributor cap then I would have replaced it myself...but the optispark stuff scares me and takes more time than I had. :P

turbojimmy
05-11-11, 12:28 PM
opti-cap ;)

If it were just a normal distributor cap then I would have replaced it myself...but the optispark stuff scares me and takes more time than I had. :P

Ah. I wish I had done mine while I had the water pump out, but I didn't. Now I have a miss that I can't seem to cure. Probably baked Opti from the water pump leak.

It's on the list.....