: Interior Detailing

Caddylover86
05-09-11, 02:11 PM
just wanted to know what other people used on their leather. i want it to really shine and so far no matter what i use( meguiars/ armor all) doesnt get it right. i see pics of caddy leather super shinny like its almost wet. any suggestions?

sven914
05-09-11, 02:28 PM
Never use Armor All!

A lot of people here use 303 on their vinyl tops and interior leather. I has a lot of protectants that help prevent the leather or vinyl form drying out and getting sun damaged. 303 won't give that glossy shine to anything.

I use Murphy's Oil Soap on everything. It does not protect, but it gives the leather a wet shine for months and makes my vinyl top look new for weeks.

77CDV
05-09-11, 02:55 PM
I use Meguiars leather wipes and my leather looks great.

Bro-Ham
05-09-11, 02:59 PM
303 is not meant for making an "almost wet" looking shine like this guy wants on his leather. 303 does preserve vinyl and leather for an eternity, I've used it for nearly 20 years.

Sven is right, if your stuff is already dull, faded, or worn out then you'll need to re-create the shine that's missing by applying your pick of products over and over again.

:)

Caddylover86
05-09-11, 03:07 PM
do i have to buy the 303 online cause i havent seen it in any of my local auto parts stores. i have seen the murphy oil soap though.

outsider
05-09-11, 03:18 PM
i also use murphy's oil soap and it works wonders! Leaves my vinyl top looking shiny between washes :)

cadillac kevin
05-09-11, 09:24 PM
I use blue magic leather cleaner and conditioner. I apply it once every 2 weeks. about once every week in the winter. (my leather always has been super super dry).
NEVER use armor all! when you stop using it, whatever you put it on will start falling apart (personal experience).