: Complete Escalade Site

Spence
10-11-04, 03:03 AM
Just curious, would anyone like to see a complete web site aimed directly at Escalades? How to's, forums, galleries, video clips. A giant escalade community. Thanks for your response! :)

onbagz2002
10-11-04, 04:23 AM
Sure..

T_Dogg8
10-11-04, 08:20 AM
what would it have that i don't get here?

hcvone
10-11-04, 08:29 AM
:confused:

SNaray8442
10-11-04, 01:34 PM
I think ti would be a great idea to have everything on one page easy to access. This forum is great, but why not more stuff? :)

T_Dogg8
10-11-04, 02:36 PM
why not more stuff here?? if you start your own you won't have all the history and info this site already has.

Spence
10-11-04, 04:46 PM
Thats true, just wondering, this site is great and has a ton of information about cadillacs, but the site is not specific to the escalade. Probably could think of some pretty cool ideas that other sites don't have. :)

T_Dogg8
10-11-04, 04:59 PM
you might be right, but i like the diversity you'd lose if you had your own site. we have a lot of cadillac dealers on here who are here because maybe they own a different caddy, but they stop by here and can answer questions. plus, if you have any ideas on things to add, just talk to sal. he's the admin and he always listens to suggestions, and if it's possible, he usually will do it.

Redgiem
10-11-04, 11:59 PM
you might be right, but i like the diversity you'd lose if you had your own site. we have a lot of cadillac dealers on here who are here because maybe they own a different caddy, but they stop by here and can answer questions. plus, if you have any ideas on things to add, just talk to sal. he's the admin and he always listens to suggestions, and if it's possible, he usually will do it.

Amen !!
:thumbsup:

gabbman
10-12-04, 12:33 AM
yeah and if that doesnt satisfy you I suggest only clicking this button Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV and it is dedicated to escalades :thumbsup:

ILLNALI
10-12-04, 01:26 AM
A seperate site would be better for searching for sale/wanted and pictures, more specific breakdowns.... suspension, wheels/tires, audio, body/trim and vendors related directly to these specific trucks. Maybe we can make it a Escalade/Denali site being many of the parts are recipricoal. I belong to many forums with my other vehicles, and would expect the escalade one to be on point, and this is the worst one.

ILLNALI
10-12-04, 01:29 AM
as for the dealer input that is good if we have techs giving us advice, however keep in mind... The dealer will give us advice as to what is in the best interest for the dealer not the vehicle owner!

T_Dogg8
10-12-04, 08:26 AM
as for the dealer input that is good if we have techs giving us advice, however keep in mind... The dealer will give us advice as to what is in the best interest for the dealer not the vehicle owner!
you obviously don't spend much time here. the dealers on here who i have talked too give you great advice. they will tell you what the dealer is thinking and how to get better deals and what to say to get better service. the dealers aren't here because they want to make money, they are here because they are cadillac owners and want to help out others.

i think you could break this forum down to a lot more specific parts, but i think that would hurt the site. not each place would be geting posts everyday and you'd spend your day clicking back and forth. it would be better to view pics, but really, i don't mind looking at other caddy's when i look at the pics, and i believe all the escalades are grouped together. and as for the sale/wanted area, check out the trading post thread. escalde/denali wouldn't be a bad idea either, but i think the trucks are different enough to make that be one more variable when getting advice. like i have an ext, but i can't go to an avalanche forum to get engine info because we have different engines.

my opinion is that a specific site would add some benefit, but it would also have a lot of drawbacks. i think you would lose more than you would gain.

Spence
10-18-04, 04:32 PM
Well if anyone is interested I put something together real quick. The sites name is "Sclade". Visit it here @ http://www.sclade.com. Under construction, photo gallery doesn't work right at the moment but most everything else does. Content will be added. I will be spending a lot of time trying to better it, anyone who would like to help is welcome! Thanks!! :):)