: Best price on the Bridgestone RE-11's?

Junkie414
05-09-11, 11:10 AM
Where are you guys getting the best deal on these tires? Drove a car with them in a 305/30/19 rear yesterday and fell in love!

Domsz06
05-09-11, 12:26 PM
tirerack has em for 383.

baabootoo
05-09-11, 02:01 PM
PLUS the $70 back, after buying 4. Last month it was $100....

b4z
05-09-11, 07:26 PM
Use Tirerack's price and any Firestone/Bridgestone Dealer will match or beat it.
They will even pull up Tirerack's website for you at the dealer.

gnxs
05-10-11, 10:09 AM
I got my RE-11's (including mounting and balancing) from a local Firestone dealer for less that what the tires alone would have cost me from Tire Rack.

baabootoo
05-10-11, 01:17 PM
My local Cadillac dealer has a sign to match ANY advertised tire price; internet included.

Domsz06
05-10-11, 01:39 PM
I got my RE-11's (including mounting and balancing) from a local Firestone dealer for less that what the tires alone would have cost me from Tire Rack.

that's pretty freaking sweet!

gnxs
05-10-11, 02:54 PM
that's pretty freaking sweet!
Yea, for some reason he could do well on that particular Bridgestone. However, when I priced a set of Blizzaks this winter, he couldn't come close to Tire Rack's price, so who knows. :hmm:

Domsz06
05-10-11, 04:38 PM
Yea, for some reason he could do well on that particular Bridgestone. However, when I priced a set of Blizzaks this winter, he couldn't come close to Tire Rack's price, so who knows. :hmm:

odd.

I know that my discount tire guys will drop it very low for me, but I have to show them a price. They slipped up and showed me their cost on the envo's I picked up for my z06 and even though I was getting it for 100 cheaper then their advertised price they were still making 100 bucks profit on that one tire. I asked them to drop it some more but no dice :(

Domsz06
05-10-11, 04:46 PM
I think I may try the nitto invo. I like them on my z06. They are only 268 online at the first shop I found, I think I can get them for around 200 from discount. 400 bucks for 2 rear tires seems like a deal to me :)

gnxs
05-10-11, 08:49 PM
I think I may try the nitto invo. I like them on my z06. They are only 268 online at the first shop I found, I think I can get them for around 200 from discount. 400 bucks for 2 rear tires seems like a deal to me :)
I had them on my "V" and did not like them at all. The car was very unpredictable during lane changes on the Interstate. However, I only had them on the back and still had the PS2's up front which may have had something to do with that.

I was actually grateful when I picked up a nail in one of my Invos. I still have the other one in the garage.

thebigjimsho
05-10-11, 10:44 PM
Nitto Invo. The plaid tire...

Razorecko
05-10-11, 11:04 PM
I had invo's before I jumped to the re-11's. After the re-11's i realized how bad the invos were. Horribly unpredictable under traction loss. You could go literally sideways in the blink of an eye where as the re-11's are very very controlled under loss of traction and handle wet weather much much better

Junkie414
05-10-11, 11:06 PM
I've had really good luck with Invo's on everything else I've owned. From what I understand though the sidewall is to soft for the weight of these things where the RE11 is not

Razorecko
05-10-11, 11:10 PM
I've had really good luck with Invo's on everything else I've owned. From what I understand though the sidewall is to soft for the weight of these things where the RE11 is not

Yep. Hence why you can shove 305 re-11's in the back is because the sidewalls are super stiff

Domsz06
05-11-11, 11:01 AM
if the sidewalls are super stiff thought I would think traction would be a huge issue....

CTSV4now
05-11-11, 11:04 AM
My local Cadillac dealer has a sign to match ANY advertised tire price; internet included.

Yeah, so does mine. But I could tell they really didn't want to mess with it. They even wanted me to pay for the tires before they even ordered them.

Razorecko
05-11-11, 11:46 AM
if the sidewalls are super stiff thought I would think traction would be a huge issue....

You would think that but the compound is soft. There isn't anyone that regrets going the re-11 route

Umrswimr
05-11-11, 01:08 PM
I have RE-11's on my C5 and love them. What size do you guys run since the stock fronts are not available for the RE-11? 265/35 and 305/30?

Domsz06
05-11-11, 01:43 PM
You would think that but the compound is soft. There isn't anyone that regrets going the re-11 route

ver nice. I'll have to start thinking about tires. My issue is I drive about 15-20k a year and I really don't want to replace tires every 5-6 months....

whats everyone getting on the re-11's mileage wize? I reallize there are tons of variables but still.

Teutonaddict
05-11-11, 05:47 PM
Hence why you can shove 305 re-11's in the back is because the sidewalls are super stiff

Did you have to take any special precautions on mounting these given the stiffness of the sidewall? I'll be mail ordering the rubber and having a local race shop do the install.

Razorecko
05-11-11, 05:48 PM
^
nope

Teutonaddict
05-13-11, 05:51 PM

Just a heads-up for those of you considering this route: I called my local Firestone store and sure enough, they're having a Buy 3, 4th Free sale this weekend IF you also get the road hazard/lifetime balance pkg. Bottom line, I'm out the door (mounted, balanced, tax and disposal fees) for just at $1500, whereas going the TireRack way would cost me $1541 delivered parts ONLY.

I usually don't do the road hazard deal, but in this case it gets me the cheapest price.

Can't wait for those meaty meats on my beast! My PS2's at 13K have gotten greasy--not up front, only in back, which probably says more about my inability to come off the throttle than it does about the rubber...

Teutonaddict
05-17-11, 09:18 PM
^
nope

It was a piece of cake! I was in and out of the shop in........3.5 hours! They had a bear of a time getting the 305's bead to seal and take pressure on the rears. To their credit, they kept working at it and got 'er done with nary a blemish to my pristine wheels. Slipped the tech a little cold brew fund contribution for his efforts.

Laying flat on the ground, it's easy to see that the RE-11s are 8/10" wider than the stock PS2's in back. And there is a more noticeable gap between the fender and tire--time for some Eibachs! Early impressions are strong: (a) turn-in is at least as sharp as the PS2s, (b) rear traction is markedly better than worn out OE rubber--I'm just scootin' where before I was slidin' under heavy throttle, and (c) road irregularities are minimally more intrusive than with the PS2s. That added weight and stiffness in the sidewall has to take its toll somewhere. I really like them. I'll shoot some pix this weekend.

Razorecko
05-17-11, 09:26 PM
You'll be blown away with the traction they have in the rain too !

Mark C.
05-17-11, 10:12 PM
I have 275/40R18 on my cobra (they don't make a wider 18") and they are fantastic. My favorite street tire I've been on. Very well behaved in the rain, and this is on a car that likes to track - both front and rear are the same size and it has a relatively short wheel base. They wear incredibly well from what I've seen and the turn in / road holding doesn't take anything to speak of away from their straight line traction. Just simply load the rear end down a bit before bringing all the boost in and they do very well.

cbloveday
05-17-11, 10:17 PM
I gotta get a set too. I am trying to last this season on the PS2s.

I don't push my car on the street and I am very careful in the rain. I hope they last.

Looking forward to your pics Teutonaddict.

Teutonaddict
05-18-11, 01:30 PM
I have 275/40R18 on my cobra (they don't make a wider 18") and they are fantastic. My favorite street tire I've been on. Very well behaved in the rain, and this is on a car that likes to track - both front and rear are the same size and it has a relatively short wheel base. They wear incredibly well from what I've seen and the turn in / road holding doesn't take anything to speak of away from their straight line traction. Just simply load the rear end down a bit before bringing all the boost in and they do very well.

Great feedback, Mark. Thanks! I'm pleased with the performance and the side benefit of the aggressive view from the rear.

The 7/10" drop in overall diameter is wearing on me, so I do think an Eibach drop may be in my future...

Umrswimr
05-19-11, 01:24 PM
I have RE-11's on my C5 and love them. What size do you guys run since the stock fronts are not available for the RE-11? 265/35 and 305/30?

Anybody comment on the size of the fronts you're running with 305 rears?

Teutonaddict
05-19-11, 09:15 PM
Anybody comment on the size of the fronts you're running with 305 rears?

Sorry I missed that: yes, 265/35-19 fronts with 305/30-19 rears. Same rolling circumference for both, albeit the diameter is ~0.7" smaller than OE. So no problems with ABS/Stabilitrak, but just a slightly larger fender gap.

b4z
05-19-11, 09:38 PM
I've got about 5000 miles on the RE11s on my '06 GTO. No appreciable wear.
I'm running 275/30-19 rear and 245/30-19 front. Got my Firestone dealer to slightly beat tire rack's price. $1379 was the price if IIRC.
I'm driving the car about 6-7K a year so I expect to get 3 full years out of them.
They stick well and have contributed to a slight increase in understeer.
Easily the best tires I have ever owned and too they are quiet to boot.
All the guys in my area with GTOs run them and they are doing better at autocrosses than they have a right to. Beating out cars that are supposed to be faster.
On the Tail of the Dragon RE11s are perfectly suited.
The only negative that I can see with them is that they weigh 4lbs more than the Michelins.

KevinR70
06-29-11, 01:23 PM
I just picked up a set (265/35/19 fronts and 305/30/19 rears) for $1,475 from local dealer in Winston-Salem, NC. Tire Rack was about $1,500 shipped, but would have to pay somebody to install.

aj660
07-12-11, 05:34 PM
Sorry I missed that: yes, 265/35-19 fronts with 305/30-19 rears. Same rolling circumference for both, albeit the diameter is ~0.7" smaller than OE. So no problems with ABS/Stabilitrak, but just a slightly larger fender gap.

I just purchased 305.30.19 PS2 rear tires but I didn't install yet. What happens if I install the 305s and leave the stock front tires (255.40.19) for now? I didn't have plans to change my front tires at this time but if I can't install the 305 rears with the stock front tires, then I guess I don't have a choice....I purchased the 305s because I'm looking for a little wider stance in the back but I don't plan to lower the car. Anybody have 305s with the stock front size?

Tedboss1
07-13-11, 09:18 AM
aj660
Have look at this thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/224017-whats-widest-tire-will-fit-stock.html#post2520139

mannyz
07-19-11, 04:33 AM
I am looking for a bit more traction but our tire options are limited with 19" wheels. I currently run the Re-11s with 285s in the rear. I was hoping to move up to maybe 295s or 305s. The only thing stopping me with the 305RE11s is the fender gap. I do not want to lower the car and affect the MAG ride. And from what I see, without lowering the car..that gap gets fugly. The other option I see are the BF Goodrich T/A g/Force KDW2 in 295/35/19 which will give me meatier tires but keep the gap presentable if not better. Are the RE11s that much better than the BF's in dry traction that I should continue to run the 285s?

Teutonaddict
07-19-11, 09:54 AM
I just purchased 305.30.19 PS2 rear tires but I didn't install yet. What happens if I install the 305s and leave the stock front tires (255.40.19) for now?...Anybody have 305s with the stock front size?

I've not read anyone posting up re: combining the 305.30 rear with the OE 255.40 fronts, AJ. To my knowledge/recollection, all the folks with the RE11s have replaced all four corners with non-OE sizes. While there have been stated concerns with ABS/Stabilitrak calibration, I've also not read where anyone actually experienced problems as a result of different circumferences front-to-rear.

thebigjimsho
07-26-11, 11:12 PM
I've got about 5000 miles on the RE11s on my '06 GTO. No appreciable wear.
I'm running 275/30-19 rear and 245/30-19 front. Got my Firestone dealer to slightly beat tire rack's price. $1379 was the price if IIRC.
I'm driving the car about 6-7K a year so I expect to get 3 full years out of them.
They stick well and have contributed to a slight increase in understeer.
Easily the best tires I have ever owned and too they are quiet to boot.
All the guys in my area with GTOs run them and they are doing better at autocrosses than they have a right to. Beating out cars that are supposed to be faster.
On the Tail of the Dragon RE11s are perfectly suited.
The only negative that I can see with them is that they weigh 4lbs more than the Michelins.Just did the Tail of the Dragon on my Hankook evos and I really missed my PS2s for that run. But my Hankook z214s kicked ass at VIR so I can't complain...

Junkie414
07-26-11, 11:45 PM
As of now I'm running the RE11's out back, haven't got into any turns but in the straits these things rock! Car easily holds nitrous in 2nd gear now

aj660
07-27-11, 01:25 AM
I've not read anyone posting up re: combining the 305.30 rear with the OE 255.40 fronts, AJ. To my knowledge/recollection, all the folks with the RE11s have replaced all four corners with non-OE sizes. While there have been stated concerns with ABS/Stabilitrak calibration, I've also not read where anyone actually experienced problems as a result of different circumferences front-to-rear.

Well, I decided to hold off on new front tires for now. I installed the 305s last week with the stock front (255) tires and no problems at all. I like the wider look.

Teutonaddict
07-27-11, 02:14 PM
Well, I decided to hold off on new front tires for now. I installed the 305s last week with the stock front (255) tires and no problems at all. I like the wider look.

Good to hear it's working for you. I love the look as well. I've got a neighbor (gut2727) who had the setup first, and when I rolled up behind him at a stoplight, I immediately got fat tire envy! Problem solved.

gut2727
07-27-11, 02:23 PM
Good to hear it's working for you. I love the look as well. I've got a neighbor (gut2727) who had the setup first, and when I rolled up behind him at a stoplight, I immediately got fat tire envy! Problem solved.

Hahahaha - Glad i could help Dave! (wont even get into you looking at my rear end...:shhh:)