: Chris Reeve DEAD

Dead Sled
10-11-04, 02:28 AM
YEP you head it here

RBraczyk
10-11-04, 02:33 AM
You've got to be friggin kidding me. WHY ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE DYING???

Dead Sled
10-11-04, 02:48 AM
went into cardiac arrest and went into coma on Sat died sunday

CadiJeff
10-11-04, 02:54 AM
"they come in threes"

barge master
10-11-04, 06:11 AM
That guy got a tough break, getting your body broken and severely compromised like that has got to upset your immunity and general health. You gotta give him a lot of credit, I don't think I'd have found much inspiration to live after an accident like his.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-11-04, 10:11 AM
what a shame , i was looking forward to seeing him walk .....people laughed at me but i could see his determination , i figured within 15 years of the accident he would walk again ......Lost a damn good spokesman for the disabled and for cord research

ShadowLvr400
10-11-04, 10:55 AM
Stoneage, I have to agree, he was focused enough, that I had a feeling he might make it possible to walk, at least to a degree. From a medical standpoint, he would never walk normally again IMO, but possibly get himself on his feet somehow. Thing is, as determined as he was, plenty of other people have been in the same situation, and determined to walk, and never made it. Sad to see though.

JohnnyO
10-11-04, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear that. I suppose paralysis leaves you open to other health problems. My neighbor is, or was, an HVAC guy, he fell off a roof four years ago and has been in a wheelchair since. Does what he can to run his company over the phone. He spent most of the summer in the hospital again.

Elvis
10-11-04, 01:05 PM
You've got to be friggin kidding me. WHY ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE DYING???

Usually because they got old or sick.

RBraczyk
10-11-04, 03:46 PM
I know but sofar, reeve, dangerfield, charles... the list doesn't end.

Dead Sled
10-11-04, 03:47 PM
found this last night when I first heard

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

T_Dogg8
10-11-04, 04:30 PM
I know but sofar, reeve, dangerfield, charles... the list doesn't end.
ken camminitti

Elvis
10-11-04, 04:32 PM
ken camminitti

Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire can't be far behind. At least (to our knowledge) they stayed off the Bolivian marching powder so maybe they're ok for now.

tru504187211
10-11-04, 08:08 PM
found this last night when I first heard

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

Was about to re-read the Maddox article on Reeve after this... HILARIOUS!

majax
10-11-04, 08:17 PM
My neighbor is, or was, an HVAC guy, he fell off a roof four years ago and has been in a wheelchair since. Does what he can to run his company over the phone. He spent most of the summer in the hospital again.

When they were building the new bio agent lab building thing at the UI some guy got pushed/sucked into one of the huge HVAC fans, died.

It's sad about Christopher Reeves, but my question is why was the news of his death bigger than that of 6 people who died in Iraq yesterday. Of course I guess it would get really depressing to have the media pound that into our minds, but of course they throw other bad news. I mean yeah he was a celeb but they were soldiers and inocent civilians. They are both equally mornfull.

Maddox is kind of correct.