: Battery replacement on my FOB #2 ?

Frikiton
05-09-11, 06:48 AM
How easy it is to replace the battery on my FOB ?
And where can I buy the battery?

It's basically dead almost, thankfully I don't really touch it since I have it set up to open the door when I go near driver door or trunk door and I have the car set up to automatically lock all doors after 5 secs of turning off the car but lately I been trying to unlock all doors when I am getting in the car with friends and it hasn't been working 6/10 times.

Since I have fob #2 i am thinking of purchasing a fob #1 on ebay as well to have as back up.

Thanks everyone.

chazglenn3
05-09-11, 09:11 AM
Just use a thin blade knife or something similar to pop the two halves of the transmitter apart. The battery is easy to replace. It is a CR2032 button cell type and can be found almost anywhere. Try Walgreens or Wal-Mart.

RippyPartsDept
05-09-11, 10:07 AM
super easy... i usually use a quarter or a nickel (something that will fill the gap up nicely is all that really matters)

if you use something that leaves room in the gap you will likely mess up the plastic a bit getting it off since the force you're exerting will be concentrated in one spot on each half
if you use something that fills up the gap fully the force is evenly applied and no damage to the remote

the battery is a 2032 (one of the most common batteries... just about every computer has one to keep the time when you turn it off and remember any bios settings you may have changed)
you can find it just about anywhere

while you have it apart, check between the button pad and the circuit board for any gunk... usually these ones are clean, but it's worth making sure

Frikiton
05-09-11, 10:13 AM
super easy... i usually use a quarter or a nickel (something that will fill the gap up nicely is all that really matters)

if you use something that leaves room in the gap you will likely mess up the plastic a bit getting it off since the force you're exerting will be concentrated in one spot on each half
if you use something that fills up the gap fully the force is evenly applied and no damage to the remote

the battery is a 2032 (one of the most common batteries... just about every computer has one to keep the time when you turn it off and remember any bios settings you may have changed)
you can find it just about anywhere

while you have it apart, check between the button pad and the circuit board for any gunk... usually these ones are clean, but it's worth making sure

Thanks rippy, are you saying if I replace the battery I have to reprogram the FOB ?

RippyPartsDept
05-09-11, 12:59 PM
no no no... not sure where you got that idea

Frikiton
05-09-11, 10:50 PM
no no no... not sure where you got that idea

when you mentioned the bios settings lol

RippyPartsDept
05-10-11, 08:28 AM
Ah yeah, well the computer is a bit different... it needs the power to store data... in our situation (with the cars) the car battery and modules are where the data is stored, the remote just sends a signal so changing the battery in the remote shouldn't affect the pairing of the vehicle to the remote

Frikiton
05-10-11, 11:08 AM
Ah yeah, well the computer is a bit different... it needs the power to store data... in our situation (with the cars) the car battery and modules are where the data is stored, the remote just sends a signal so changing the battery in the remote shouldn't affect the pairing of the vehicle to the remote

SO I can go to any hardware store or something to find this battery ?

Currently searching on ebay for a FOB #1 2006 or even a 08 model

RippyPartsDept
05-10-11, 11:37 AM
Yeah, radio shack or walmart may have them the cheapest

Frikiton
05-10-11, 08:25 PM
Yeah, radio shack or walmart may have them the cheapest

Will go this weekend :)