: New Wheel Fitment Issues

BeagleBrains
05-08-11, 05:59 PM
We have had fitment problems with many Custom Wheels due to inaccurate data supplied by the manufacturer.
After many failed Caliper clearance problems, Dan at Edgewood Plaza Tire, the professional and courteous "J. E. Hawk" has worked regorously to successfully fit my CTS V Coupe with new Lexani Wheels.
From: "J.E. Hawk" <edgewoodplazatire@imonmail.com> To: "Stephen P.
The wheel we're putting on is the LSS-10 black and chrome.
View URL: http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/Lexani-LSS%5F10-Machined%20Black%20w%7CBlack%20Lip.html

baabootoo
05-08-11, 11:58 PM
Did you complain to the wheel place? Do they even list the CTS-V coupe?

BeagleBrains
05-09-11, 10:36 AM
I always try to be prepared up front and research for Wheels that are supposedly usable on the CTS V Coupe. Tire Rack had a very limited choice. WheelsNext.com seemed to have the right stuff for investigating applicable units. :bigroll:
When I approached my usual (proven to be good service) tire store, I gave them the GM Wheel Spec details: offset, etc. To tell the truth, this is the fourth attempt. They promptly report the failure of the on-the-car fit due to Caliper Clearance.
My service guy, Dan reitterates that he will not use shims to cobble up the fit.
The new wheels are due to arrive tomorrow, 5-10-2011 Tuesday. Holding my breath!