: Rear View Video for backing...

gacck
10-11-04, 01:03 AM
Hey all,
I was wondering who has done the rear view camera thing already. With the limited rear view due to the high rear end it is almost a must have. I would like it to interface with my Nav screen and come on automatically in reverse and possibly by switch any time I want. So...who has done this and what did it cost? Any pics?

Cheers!

CLC
2005 EXT

hcvone
10-11-04, 07:33 AM
I have several customers that have them, will have to check the manufacturer when I see them again, with the backup system (ultrasonic) that is all I need. :)

ALLeyez187onME
10-12-04, 01:39 AM
i have a Savv, rear camera and rear view mirror with a 3" screen built in on the left side, its great, you can program it to come on when u put it in reverse, or you can just press power and turn it on while your driving, either way it really does help when your backing up, plus the rear sensors, its almost impossible to not see anything behind you.

T_Dogg8
10-12-04, 07:30 AM
the lack of visibility in the back was my biggest concern when i got my EXT, but with the sensors and side mirrors, i don't worry about it. a camera would be nice and i've seen a couple that integrate well, just didn't see the need for one yet.

Rage
10-14-04, 08:48 AM
Check with VIZUALOGIC (http://www.vizualogic.com) have a great system that a friend of mind pointed out for my Lade. I might get on soon as I have the money hopefully.

Rage

Sandy
10-14-04, 11:43 AM
These are all aftermarket. The only car that comes with it built into the dash from the factory IN COLOR, is (my favorite foreign car of them all) the Infiniti Q45.
However, my rear parking assist beep beep is enough for me, too.

99 SKALAID
10-15-04, 03:23 AM
These are all aftermarket. The only car that comes with it built into the dash from the factory IN COLOR, is (my favorite foreign car of them all) the Infiniti Q45.
However, my rear parking assist beep beep is enough for me, too.

and the M45 and the FX45 and the QX56 :lildevil: