: Clay under a clear bra

mrl859
05-08-11, 04:48 PM
I clayed my V-Coupe and got just a slight tint of yellow clay under back edge of the clear panel in front of the rear tire. Suggestions on to get it out?:hmm:

SD Detail
05-08-11, 05:01 PM
Start with a toothpic gentle try to finesse the edge to get the clay out. If that doesnt work you could use a very light solvent like Stoners Tarminator to wipe the. edge of the film and hopefully loosen up the clay.

mrl859
05-08-11, 07:15 PM
I was told to use 3/4" painters tape on on edges when waxing. Be careful to leave tape on for only 30 minutes. This will prevent wax from seeping under the braWaxing was no problem. Only the clay.

shade
05-08-11, 09:51 PM
Also just an fyi you are not supposed to clay clear bra but it sounds like you were just claying around the bra

mrl859
05-09-11, 12:18 AM
Also just an fyi you are not supposed to clay clear bra but it sounds like you were just claying around the bra

The Coupe has clear plastic just in front of the rear wheels, presumably for rock chip protection. I was claying the paint and caught an edge.

Caddy Wagon
05-09-11, 12:21 AM
The Coupe has clear plastic just in front of the rear wheels, presumably for rock chip protection. I was claying the paint and caught an edge.

My new Vagon has the same.

PhxTriode
05-09-11, 01:04 PM
Use a toothpick like sugested above and if it is stubborn dip the toothpick in alcohol and try again... Been there and it works just be careful to not lift the edges with the toothpick.