: Dual exhaust for 1970 Fleetwood?

Fleetwood70
05-08-11, 01:11 AM
Seen few 1970's that have custom dual exhausts. But anyone sells complete kits?

Angry Matt
05-08-11, 08:25 AM
I highly doubt it. When I had my '70 Brougham, I had mine custom made. It wasn't that expensive. My only mistake was that I bought mufflers that were too loud and I always hated that. Now I use these two Mennonite guys out near Reading, PA (Gehman Exhaust), they are unbelievable. Custom duals on my coupe for $230 while you wait.

Fleetwood70
05-14-11, 12:03 AM
Do you know or anyone else knows what kind of system would be the best? I mean, would true duals work good on 472 or would one with H or X pipe be better? What would be the optimal pipe size? What mufflers/resonators will make it quiet when cruising, but loud when stepping on it?
Any info would be appreciated.

outsider
05-14-11, 08:43 AM
i think you'd want an H or X pipe to balance the pressure...I'm planning on doing it on my 69 and was told by a mechanic friend that it would run better with an H or X pipe to keep the pressure even.

Sponson
09-22-13, 10:46 AM
What did you wind up doing and how did it soud? I recently put dual exhaust on my 1969 deville (no cross pipe or reonators, but used stock mufflers) and it runs a lot better, but it is WAY to loud, with an especially annoying drone at 30-40mph. I'm going to have the resonators installed. What mufflers and resonators did you use?

Fleetwood472
09-22-13, 10:54 AM
I agree just have a shop do it. To save on money supply the mufflers and x-pipe. I would also recommend resonators. I had dual exhaust on my 78 fleetwood that has a 472 with efi and made the mistake of not putting resonators on it. The car runs great but the drone is annoying. I had them do it in 2 and a half inch pipe. I used walker quiet flow mufflers and they soumd great. I think the app you can find them for is like a 95 fleetwood. For resonators I heard magnaflow makes some nice 2.5 inch ones.