: Bagged Escalade

ALLeyez187onME
10-10-04, 10:29 PM
I current own a ford excursion on bags, basically the only vehicle i've owned on bags. I know that my ride is a lot bouncier due to bags. The point is that i have an esclade and im ready to bag it but before i do, i want to know if any of you have problems with too much bounce, or if any of you have ever gotten a salvage title on your record for bagging a car, been pulled over and given a ticket for having bags, etc. Im very experienced in bags and do know the dangers of them and what not but lately i have heard about this salvage title, and i just cant have that on my record if i plan on selling my esclade. Please get back to me with any information you guys have heard or know.

ALLeyez187onME
10-10-04, 10:30 PM
oops i know i spelled "Currently" wrong....kinda tired..

hcvone
10-11-04, 07:37 AM
There is a member that bagged his Escalade, I believe it is (onbagz2002) talk to him first. :)

escalade20002003
10-11-04, 08:57 AM
Is it a (99-00) or a (02 and up)? Is it an EXT, ESV, etc... Let me know and maybe I can help some

T_Dogg8
10-11-04, 09:12 AM
if you do a search, there is a thread about this topic. don't know if they talked about the salvage title, but you will at least be able to get to know who has done it to their escalades.

ALLeyez187onME
10-11-04, 08:17 PM
yea its an 02 esclade. And i know of course the ride will be bouncier but i really need to know about this salvage title because if i plan on selling my escalade in probably 06 i need to know.

escalade20002003
10-11-04, 11:37 PM
yea its an 02 esclade. And i know of course the ride will be bouncier but i really need to know about this salvage title because if i plan on selling my escalade in probably 06 i need to know.

Since it is an 02, you should have no trouble baggin it. I am not sure on the salvage title I have heard mixed opions on that. BUt, if selling it is what is worrying you, dont worry about it. ALl you have to do is take it to a car show and put a for sale sign on it. I see bagged vehicles sell at carshows all the time. Xtensive, a bag shop out of houston, brought a bagged and body dropped escalade to Showfest 04' that still had the sticker on it just to sell. THere is a huge market for custom trucks, especially on bagz.

ALLeyez187onME
10-12-04, 01:27 AM
yea i know that i do go to a lot of shows, but the thing is, if i get pulled over and some how with my bad luck I get a ticket for bags and then get a salvage title, people will try and use that against me when im selling it, say i try to sell it for 60k without salvage title, if i had one, they'd try and say its only worth 40k etc. people are gay now a days.

slk230mb
10-12-04, 10:57 AM
You can get a ticket for an airbags?

T_Dogg8
10-12-04, 11:02 AM
if someone wants to try to lowball you by that much because of the salvage title, do you really think they wouldn't try to get it out of you in some other way?? if that's your main concern, then don't bag it. but if it's not your main concern and you don't have to get every penny out of your truck, then just do it.

escalade20002003
10-12-04, 11:22 AM
You can get a ticket for an airbags?

Yes and No. It is not illegal to have airbags, or to use them. However, it is illegal to inflate or deflate them while moving. This law varies from state to state. SOme states say that you cant hit the switch if you are going over 20mph, some say 30mph, and some say that you cant hit them at all while you are moving. It just depends. For instance, a while back my friend was in his bagged and body dropped chevy dualie and got pulled over for speeding. He politely pulled unto the shoulder, came to a complete stop, and as soon as the cop got out of the car, he slammed his dualie to the ground. :D The cop could do nothing since he was sitting still when he deflated his bags. But speaking from experience, you really dont want to hit a switch while you are going very fast anywayz.

T_Dogg8
10-12-04, 11:42 AM
yeah, i'm thinking speeding and dropping aren't a good combination.

ALLeyez187onME
10-12-04, 08:31 PM
yea, around here in southern cali there are some nice cops and some gay cops but for example, if i were to do the same thing your friend did, slam the truck on the cops, I would get a ticket very easily around here, cops give you tickets for things that arent even illegal around here and still win the case(they know the judges). My brother got a ticket for speeding in a parking lot when the cop didnt radar him or didnt pace him, which is something cops must do in order to give you a ticket for speeding, and he still lost the case and had to pay the ticket.

Spittin Game
10-12-04, 10:26 PM
just a question...but why would it get a slavage title if it has airbags?

ALLeyez187onME
10-13-04, 01:22 AM
because with high quality air ride suspensions such as, lower and higher lifting on the cars and trucks, hopping in the front, nitrogen or co2 tanks and what not, it requires cutting of the frame sometimes and cutting of other things to make the airbags work and function right, cutting too much under the body can give it a salvage title from what i hear, although i havent heard of anyone having that happen to them. Im still worried about it but im about 75% sure im going through with bags on the escalade.

escalade20002003
10-13-04, 10:21 AM
just a question...but why would it get a slavage title if it has airbags

When you put the bags on u almost always have to "C-notch" the back to allow the suspension to "breathe." Also, sometimes you have to do some frame swapping or cutting on some vehicles. Usually this applies more to 4wd but can also pertain to any vehicle. There is where the salvage titles come into effect. As for his particular case, I dont see why there should be any trouble baggin his lade. There shouldnt be an extreme amount of cutting (IMO) and therefore no salvage title.

bigman30685
10-15-04, 01:28 PM
when you guys talk about bags you mean hydraulics?? how much does that cost??

onbagz2002
10-15-04, 01:58 PM
I paid $10,000 installed back in 2002 from www.fbimini.com there out of SACRAMENTO..

BaggedOn22s
10-15-05, 02:17 PM
I have an escalade bagged and if you do it, you will regret it forever. The only problem is this...if you don't do it, you will always wish you did. But my advice is do not do it...Looks real good, i can send pics, but damn it sux

fast66
10-15-05, 02:53 PM
I have an escalade bagged and if you do it, you will regret it forever. The only problem is this...if you don't do it, you will always wish you did. But my advice is do not do it...Looks real good, i can send pics, but damn it sux

wow look at the date of the previous quote, almost exactly a year

slimm44
10-15-05, 03:14 PM
wow look at the date of the previous quote, almost exactly a year
lol, i was wondering how this long of a thread could pop up in a couple hours.:thepan:

ALLeyez187onME
10-16-05, 09:49 PM
i really dont know, but im still thinking about bagging my truck .....cuz now i have 26's and they scrape like crazy, and im planning on putting about 2-3 grand in my bags.

Synergetic
10-17-05, 09:53 PM
2-3 grand won't get you anywhere brotha. I have the first AWD SUV to ever be bagged, done by same place that did OnBagz back in 2002. And i'll tell you that your going to want to front a lot more money than just a few g's to get your ride dumped on switches.

ALLeyez187onME
10-17-05, 11:42 PM
hahahah actually 3 grand is expensive compared to a price quote i got, a place down here who i know does a good job because of a few cars that i know he's done, the blue escalade i put pictures up of and my dads excursion. He told me 3/4" steel braided lines connitech bags front n back and front struts with (3) 7 gallon tanks and (1) 100 pound oasis compressor with a 45lb. nitrogen bottle. all for less than 3 g's because he sponsors me and my friends, because we do a lot of shows and get him business. But yea i trust this guy's work so im sure he'll do a good job, i just need get about another 1g saved up to be sure i can get it done before thanksgiving.