: Are These Options/Features Available on 2011 SRX?

compfan03
05-07-11, 07:18 PM
I am interested in some of the features I have seen in the Mercedes commercial:

- The car warns you if you veer out of your lane

- The car automatically applies brakes if you come too close to a vehicle in front of you

- The car tells you if someone is in your blind spot.

Can these be purchased as options on the SRX? If so, which model.

Thank you.

GMJim
05-07-11, 09:18 PM
No
no
no
no

Smokin' SRX
05-08-11, 01:07 AM
My neighbors 2011 M-350 MB (closest to our SRX) cost $47K plus has $14K in options to match the 2011 SRX Premium AWD. Same equip, but says NO Pre-collision auto-brake available on this Crossover, with V-6, in 2011. Thought maybe with V-8?? Or maybe in other more expensive models. But he was at $61K MSRP already, so he stopped!

Guess you gotta spend at least $10-12K more, to get most of what you ask for...... but no Onstar or adjustable pedals on his!

Hope this helps.

SS

TheCaptain
05-08-11, 01:18 PM
1. Why are you veering out of your lane?

2. Why are you following so close to someone that you need the vehicle to stop for you?

3. You have mirrors that essentially eliminate blind spots. Use them.

4. Who is driving the vehicle? You or the computer? :hmm:

PJ1520
05-08-11, 01:29 PM
Captain......the answer is obvious. All of these things are needed because of driver distraction. Seriously, if the public wants this stuff so be it. But I worry that they will become Federally mandated, driving the base cost of vehicles we want beyond our finabcial reach.

PJ

TheCaptain
05-08-11, 04:16 PM
Captain......the answer is obvious. All of these things are needed because of driver distraction. Seriously, if the public wants this stuff so be it. But I worry that they will become Federally mandated, driving the base cost of vehicles we want beyond our finabcial reach.

PJ

If drivers weren't giving into distractions, they could concentrate on what the reason for them being in the driver's seat was for in the first place.

Items like these are unneeded in my opinion. If you can't be bothered to remember YOU are driving; you shouldn't be behind the wheel. :sbox: That's what buses are for.

Smokin' SRX
05-09-11, 12:28 AM
Ditto.

compfan03
05-11-11, 12:35 PM
I wanted to thank those who repliled with the information I was asking for. I really do appreciate your answers. I did not think these things were available, but I thought I would check with the experts.

As to why I am looking for these options, my thought is they would provide additional safety. Reflexes and the ability to quickly react fade with age. I was just looking to utilize technology to be a bit safer.

TheCaptain
05-11-11, 04:00 PM
And those are perfectly acceptable answers for looking for this type of equipment. But if i see a mobile device, lipstick/paper/etc, in your hands... :thepan: