: Can't wait for my V to be delivered! And I Never even drove one.

LawIns1
05-07-11, 11:59 AM
Hi Guys.

First of all I want to say this is a great forum!!

It took me a while to pull the trigger and get a V. However, I have an 01 M5 and while I love the car I needed something newer, with warranty, reliable, etc.
I found a black/black V, fully loaded with 2200 miles for $51k. I think I got a good deal. It is being transported from CT to my house in burbs of Chgo next week. I can't wait!
I'll probably end of selling the M5. I know I'll miss the German engineering (as they are way ahead of us), but I think that I'll be happy with the Caddy. It got great reviews and beat out the M5 and E63 in multiple tests and runs.
What's crazy is I have NEVER driven a newer V. I test drove an 05 a few years ago and thought it was a great car but decided not to buy it because of the infamous rear wheel hop.
Thanks. Chuck

JFJr
05-07-11, 12:08 PM
You'll love it and quickly forget the myth about "superior" German engineering.

Jud

nynd
05-07-11, 12:21 PM
What year V are you getting?

LawIns1
05-07-11, 03:35 PM
I'm getting an 09. The owner traded it in for a coupe. It has only 2200 miles on it. This is the first time I ever bought a vehicle sight unseen. It put my mind at ease some when the dealership's general manager and body shop manager signed a statement that the car is perfect and has never had any paint/body work. I was going to buy a 2011 but $65k-$72k wasn't quite in my budget. Plus I believe not much changed from 2009 to 2011.

tyang
05-07-11, 04:27 PM
I've got a CTS-V wagon on order to be delivered next week. Can't wait! Haven't driven one yet so I'm looking forward to it. Currently driving an '08 RS4, but will be returning that lease soon. I've really enjoyed browsing through this forum as well!

Caddy Wagon
05-07-11, 10:47 PM
I had never driven a V2 before I ordered my V Wagon. I have to say it's the best overall vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot. Gotta love a manual tranny in a hi-po wagon. :cool2:

Kluch
05-07-11, 11:20 PM
Never drove a v before i got my coupe. I graduated from a 2008 3.6 DI CTS sedan though so I thought I had a good idea how the car would feel. It exceeded my wildest expectations! You'll love it and I think you got a great deal!

darvish
05-08-11, 11:52 AM
Superior German engineering? WTF?

Oldchevguy
05-08-11, 04:41 PM
I bought mine without driving it as well. After a little over a month I still find myself making excuses to just 'go for a drive'. Been years since that has happened.

I can't get over the Jeckyll and Hydeness of this car. Just a gentle boulevard cruiser until you bury your foot in the carpet and hold on. Enjoy it

JimmyH
05-08-11, 06:44 PM
German engineering is indeed superior to the rest of the world. It is so superior, that when something fails, nobody including those engineers can figure out how to fix it. But what the hell, they can make an SLS drive on the roof of a tunnel, so they must be doing something right.

dvandentop
05-08-11, 07:00 PM
i put down 5k on mine even before driving one, had the gmac loan all setup before ever driving a v2. liked the v1 so i knew i would like the v2

darvish
05-08-11, 08:15 PM
The term "Superior German engineering" is bandied about quite often. What you hear far more infrequently. if at all, are are the terms "Superior German reliability" and "Superior German repairability". And the words "Bang for the buck" has never been used in reference to German cars. I did a Google search... nothing came up.

mother
05-08-11, 09:25 PM
Oh my the world is really frigging small. :want: I was looking at that car!

Car is in pristine shape- still even has the nubbies on the tires. Only thing showing any sign of wear are the side bolsters on the bottom of the drivers seat. It was clearly a garage queen. No sign of any body work or paint chips. Nothing but a few super faint linear scratches because they let some monkey in the back wax the car- I just planed to spray it down with dish soap and Zaino it.

Drove it over pot holes and specifically listened for any noises from the sunroof- was silent.

You buying that car prompted me to not compromise and get the 3 pedal wagon I really wanted... Which I need to wait for from Washington state :bouncy:

JimmyH
05-08-11, 10:30 PM
^mother

LawIns1
05-09-11, 05:19 PM
are you serious Mother? D'Addario Cadillac Buick, etc. Wow, that's unbelievable. I decided to have the car shipped via enclosed truck. It will be here this week! Thanks for NOT buying it!!

mother
05-09-11, 05:30 PM
DEAD serious! I didn't decide not to buy it so much as you bought it before I sat down to negotiate with them!

BTW I had them print out the service history on the car for me- nothing but an oil change and the glove box recall.

I'm just lining the same up (enclosed truck) to get my Wagon here from Seattle right now...

^mother
I'm usually called by my full name, not just my first :devil:

LawIns1
05-09-11, 10:14 PM
Well, I'm sorry I beat you to it (but not really, lol). The sales guy suggested that I put a deposit on it as he was getting calls on the car. I figure if it was meant to be the deal would work out. I think the price was excellent. I have a friend that is part owner of a dealership who was looking for a V for me. He told me that he couldn't get close to $51k unless the car had higher miles (25k-ish). He told me that their price was very close to wholesale. He also mentioned that, for some reason, cars are less expensive in CT. Around my area the dealerships are asking an average of $59k for 2009's with average miles. I hope you get your car soon and enjoy it.
Cheers!

mother
05-14-11, 12:02 PM
I decided to have the car shipped via enclosed truck. It will be here this week!

So, you get it yet?
[I'm going crazy- waiting for the broker to line up a truck!]

buddyg
05-14-11, 12:23 PM
Never drove my new 2011 till I drove it home. But I knew based on all the reviews and reading this forum I would not be disappointed. I am not!