: how to get fog lamps to come on with headlights automatically

larry3760
05-06-11, 11:47 PM
I know on the older models you can run a jumper to get the fog lamps to turn on automatically with the headlights how do I do so in a 2007 escalade ext if possible I would like to find a bettter way than a jumper in the fuse box thanks for the input

Merc
05-07-11, 10:13 AM
No clue, sorry. Is it too much trouble to push the flog lamp button?

2007caddy
05-07-11, 09:35 PM
There should have been a few more things that are pre-programmed to engage/disengage on remote start/entry and even lock....fog lights ON option should have been within the DIC to be automatic or manual....so I disagree with your comment " that its too much trouble to press the button " ....we all use different features of the Escalade and some of us feel that certain options should be made as an automatic option oppose to manual...with the wife's vehicle she can close the windows with remote which I believe OPEN/CLOSE windows and sunroof would be a great option...I understand the logic behind why some options make it to market while others don't, but we can all wish and comment...there will never be a perfect vehicle

ELUSIVE
05-07-11, 11:20 PM
I want this feature too.

Ludacrisvp
05-08-11, 01:15 AM
Well for what it's worth the 2000 - 2005 Deville DTS remembers what state the fogs were in the last time the car was on. So fogs on when engine was turned off means next time car starts fogs are on regardless of other lighting settings. And obviously if they were off they stay off. That's the way I think all fogs should be setup. If you want fogs on with drl you could most likely jumper with a diode from pin 85 to 85 from drl relay to fog relay. This would be safer than doing a fuse box jump from fuse to fuse because doing the relay trigger instead will have the same effect as you pushing the button on the dash as far as the car's electrical system is concerned. It's also the same way you can have your lows and / or fogs stay on when you turn on your high beams.

Sent from my unlocked jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1

darhef
05-08-11, 07:24 PM
I may be wrong by saying this, so correct me if I am. I know when I have my fog lamps on it deactivates my intellibeam headlights.

hcvone
05-09-11, 07:35 AM
I may be wrong by saying this, so correct me if I am. I know when I have my fog lamps on it deactivates my intellibeam headlights.

Yes they all do this. :)

TexFinn
05-09-11, 02:11 PM
Foggy weather all the time?

DONZI54
05-09-11, 03:34 PM

And that for one really bugs me

larry3760
05-09-11, 10:29 PM
I have matching 6k fog lamps to my headlights and spend 80% of my time driving on backroads and country side and spend a lot of time with them on