: They're replacing my pistons!!!

Josuave
05-06-11, 10:53 PM
2007 EXT with 157,000km/ 98,000mi
So, my "home dealership" drilled out a bolt that was sheared off on my exhaust manifold, which was leaking at the gasket surface (replaced head gasket and all that good stuff). They had it for 5 days. Upon pickup i noticed a ticking/diesel sounding noise. Dont worry they said. Noise would continue until engine was warm. I complained 2 more different times, normal they said. So I take it to another dealership, they say sounds like misfire/piston problem. They remove the engine, send it out, now tell me they're waiting for all 8 pistons on back order. Comments please guys.

2007XTSDub
05-07-11, 12:48 AM
Had the same thing done on mine and no more problems. You will get all new rods bearings and pistona etc. Congrats

Sent from Android.

MrSplenda
05-07-11, 03:53 AM
Sounds like they are doing a a short block; pretty much replacing everything but the bottom end. This happened to my VW when one of my pistons went and the turbo ripped through the engine. They rebuilt the engine and everything was perfect; ran like a top.

Josuave
05-08-11, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys. I was assuming that rods and bearings would be done as well, I am all over them about divulging exactly what the repair entails.

2007XTSDub
05-08-11, 10:34 PM
Had the same thing done on mine and no more problems. You will get all new rods bearings and pistona etc. Congrats

Sent from Android.

Sent from Android.

andre_outlaw
05-09-11, 01:24 AM
i had a denali get pistons changed and wasn't long after the botton end went... i got rid of the truck as i didn't trust it after.