: Ride difference between 2010 Sedan and 2011 Wagon

ChicagoV
05-06-11, 06:18 PM
I am a rookie poster here, but I have been following the forum. Just traded a 2010 sedan for a 2011 wagon and noticed right away that the ride is different in the wagon in equivalent suspension settings- less side-to-side motion over bumps and smoother overall. I was not aware of any suspension changes between '10 and '11 and the only word I could find on the subject was a "first drive" piece by Automobile that noted that the wagon had a better ride over the same road than the coupe. Does anyone have any insight on this point? Were there changes or is the difference due to weight and distribution differences? Something else?

Me Wanna A V
05-06-11, 06:30 PM
Since I grew up in the North Chicago suburbs, I believe it's possibly due to the Vienna Beef hot dogs and Lou Malnati's Pizza over the years that made your rear end more "cushy" and therefore changing the feel of the suspension.:histeric:

Hopefully someone can chime in here with helpful info to your question.

Razorecko
05-06-11, 09:18 PM
Since I grew up in the North Chicago suburbs, I believe it's possibly due to the Vienna Beef hot dogs and Lou Malnati's Pizza over the years that made your rear end more "cushy" and therefore changing the feel of the suspension.:histeric:

Hopefully someone can chime in here with helpful info to your question.

pssshhhh ...Giordanos thick crust = can't get through the kitchen door

ChicagoV
05-06-11, 09:57 PM
pssshhhh ...Giordanos thick crust = can't get through the kitchen door

It could be mr. Beef and ricobene's, not to mention gino's and lou's, but I doubt it....

baabootoo
05-06-11, 11:22 PM
You will definitely have more weight over the rear wheels due to the design, which will smooth it out. It would be interesting to see what the exact wheel weight is on scales too.