: Please help me understand: Luxury VS Performance VS Premium

Kuya
05-06-11, 07:01 PM
I am going to be purchasing a used 2010 SRX within the next three weeks. I have spent months researching and price comparing and I am now ready to make my move . . . .

But please help me figure out what the major differences are in the models:

1) Please consider that no matter what model I purchase, I will be getting AWD and Nav in dash. I can get this in Lux, Perf, or Prem . . . so what else is different?

Besided 20" Rims . . . . what else? I don't see paying 3 to 4,000 more for 20" rims, of which I don't really want anyway. But if the Premium or Performance give me something that I am missing, then maybe I will.

If I pay the extra few thousand to go from Luxury to Premium AWD with NAV. . what else am I getting for the money?

If I then pay extra to go from Performance to Premium AWD with NAV . . . what else am I gettting?

TheCaptain
05-06-11, 07:16 PM
Luxury Collection includes: (for 2010)
* Ultrasonic front and rear parking assist system
* Power programmable liftgate
* Adaptive remote vehicle starter system
* Rainsense wiper system
* Air quality and humidity sensor
* Cargo security shade
* UltraView sunroof
* Power adjustable pedals
* Chrome roof rails
* U-Rail rear cargo management system
* Wood Trim Package with genuine Sapele Pommele wood on doors, centre console, steering wheel and shifter
* 18‛ 7-spoke ultra-bright aluminum wheels

Luxury Performance Collection includes:
* Sport Suspension with continuously variable real-time damping (AWD models only)
* Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights with adaptive lighting and headlight washer system
* Fog lights
* Speed-sensitive variable-effort steering
* P235/55R20 H-rated all-season tires
* 20‛ 7-spoke premium painted aluminum wheels

Premium Collection includes:
* DVD Navigation System with 40 GB Hard Drive Device
* Rear-seat entertainment system with dual LCD displays, wireless headphones and remote control
* Ventilated front bucket seats
* Tri-zone climate controls
* Rear-seat audio controls
* Heated outboard rear seats
* 10-speaker BoseŽ 5.1 Cabin Surround sound system
* Interior Ambient Lighting

Also, the Turbo 2.8L is available in the Performance, Luxury Performance and Premium Performance collections (turbo added to the listed collections [trim levels]). I listed standard features, most trims have options, like nav, on Lux Collections.

cvettr/cts-v
05-06-11, 07:41 PM
Not sure on the 2010 but on 2011's what I feel are the big differences are if you want factory xenon head lamps and or fog lamps you must get the performance package. On 2011 touch screen nav and 20" aluminum wheels are standard on peformance and premuim. the big differences to go to premium are if you want heated rear outboard seats, or ventilated front seats,tri-zone climate control instead of dual zone. Outside appearance difference is luxury has different look from front as it does not have fogs. and mileage is best on luxury because of 18" wheels in stead of 20". Ultimately if you have certain requirements for items such as xenon or ventilated seats it will narrow your choices fast. Example my mom required xenon and fogs so that threw out luxury and she did not see a need for ventilated front or heated rear outborad seats so she was best fit in a performance. Pick your have to haves and soon it will be narrowed down and made easy for you.

Kuya
05-06-11, 09:59 PM
THANK YOU! That's exactly what I was looking for . .

I assume the Premium also has the sport suspension like the Performance?

And what exactly is Ambient lighting?? Does anyone have it? Is it nice? (It's the little things that make me happy).

It's hard choice for me. I see 2010 LUX with NAV and AWD retailing for $37 - $39,000, and at the same time I see many Premium and Performance models at $39,995 - $43,000 . . . . I am estimating I can talk them down to about $36,900 for a LUX and about $38,900 for a Premium . . . . But I am also not keen on the 20" tires . . . but Ambient lighting . . hmmmm . . lol

Luxury Collection includes: (for 2010)
* Ultrasonic front and rear parking assist system
* Power programmable liftgate
* Adaptive remote vehicle starter system
* Rainsense wiper system
* Air quality and humidity sensor
* Cargo security shade
* UltraView sunroof
* Power adjustable pedals
* Chrome roof rails
* U-Rail rear cargo management system
* Wood Trim Package with genuine Sapele Pommele wood on doors, centre console, steering wheel and shifter
* 18‛ 7-spoke ultra-bright aluminum wheels

Luxury Performance Collection includes:
* Sport Suspension with continuously variable real-time damping (AWD models only)
* Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights with adaptive lighting and headlight washer system
* Fog lights
* Speed-sensitive variable-effort steering
* P235/55R20 H-rated all-season tires
* 20‛ 7-spoke premium painted aluminum wheels

Premium Collection includes:
* DVD Navigation System with 40 GB Hard Drive Device
* Rear-seat entertainment system with dual LCD displays, wireless headphones and remote control
* Ventilated front bucket seats
* Tri-zone climate controls
* Rear-seat audio controls
* Heated outboard rear seats
* 10-speaker BoseŽ 5.1 Cabin Surround sound system
* Interior Ambient Lighting

Also, the Turbo 2.8L is available in the Performance, Luxury Performance and Premium Performance collections (turbo added to the listed collections [trim levels]). I listed standard features, most trims have options, like nav, on Lux Collections.

Kuya
05-06-11, 10:13 PM
Thanks . . . . very good info!

Thing is, I am not really sure what my needs are . . .just that I set out to (don't laugh . . . when I say this) purchase a Hummer H2. But while searching for the right one, I found the SRX and made a gas conscious decision to dump the search for the H2. I have test driven a few Lux models and love it. The AWD and NAV were my main needs/wants.

I hear people say that the AWD in LUX is a bit more comfortable and the Performance and Prem are a bit more .. . stiff riding, due to the sport package?

I like the idea of vented seats . . . but not a need. I have no idea what Xenon headlights are . . so I guess I should search that.

I really don't want 20" rims . . .but . . . I kinda want ambiance lighting . . but then again . . I am not sure what that is either haha.

Not sure on the 2010 but on 2011's what I feel are the big differences are if you want factory xenon head lamps and or fog lamps you must get the performance package. On 2011 touch screen nav and 20" aluminum wheels are standard on peformance and premuim. the big differences to go to premium are if you want heated rear outboard seats, or ventilated front seats,tri-zone climate control instead of dual zone. Outside appearance difference is luxury has different look from front as it does not have fogs. and mileage is best on luxury because of 18" wheels in stead of 20". Ultimately if you have certain requirements for items such as xenon or ventilated seats it will narrow your choices fast. Example my mom required xenon and fogs so that threw out luxury and she did not see a need for ventilated front or heated rear outborad seats so she was best fit in a performance. Pick your have to haves and soon it will be narrowed down and made easy for you.

TheCaptain
05-07-11, 10:56 AM
All the items in the collections i listed are in addition or replace (when necessary) to the previous collections.

And here is Interior Ambient lighting. (One photo has the light balance corrected to amplify the effect)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/4964800729_35c3a6eca3_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4964792843_b453e7c72c_b.jpg

Smokin' SRX
05-07-11, 12:29 PM
Truth is the 20's DO give a firmer ride than the 18's. I objected to it at first but now just keep 1-2 less lbs of air in my tires (except on long high speed trips with 4 passengers) and am quite happy. I made the decision for a Performance, because the HID headlites (Xenon) are mandatory in my opinion. The Fog lites are a nice extra both for looks and seeing the road!

My advice: Test a Performance or Premium model with the 20's, for the ride handling delta vs the 18's on the Luxury model. If you can live with the 20's ride/handling, the rest is just frill. Get a Perf or Prem model equipped w/ extras you like.

The Ambiance lighting is that "pinstripe light" you see in the Capt's pix, running along the dash. All models have it except possibly the Base model.

Also, I hope you are buying from a Caddy Dealer, whatever you do, as there are Service Bulletins/issues as with any new cars and only a GOOD Caddy Dealer will get you thru the SRX stuff. Price ain't everything ;)

Best wishes!

SS

Kuya
05-07-11, 12:59 PM
THANK YOU for those photos! I LOVE it hahahaha . . . . gosh . . the ambient lighting only comes in the Premium right? Not the Performance? I found some really great deals on a few 2010 Performance Models, and I don't care if I have the DVD Entertainment system or not . . .etc, so Premium is just extra money, as far as I am concerned. Although the vented seats would be nice, but won't miss them if I never had them.

All the items in the collections i listed are in addition or replace (when necessary) to the previous collections.

And here is Interior Ambient lighting. (One photo has the light balance corrected to amplify the effect)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/4964800729_35c3a6eca3_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4964792843_b453e7c72c_b.jpg

Smokin' SRX
05-07-11, 01:04 PM
No. Ambiance Lighting comes on all but the pedestrian Base model, in 2010 anyway.

Kuya
05-07-11, 01:09 PM
Smok'n, thanks for the advice and good info!

So, the ambient lighting should be available in the LUX model? Because price wise, a LUX with NAV, AWD is really where my budget lies. To step up into Performance and Premium levels . . put me a bit out of where I had hoped to be. If ambient lighting comes with the Lux too, then I think I can be more than satisfied with a LUX AWD w/NAV.

For me, it is not 100% necessary to buy straight from a Caddy dealer . . . as we have a FANTASTIC sales guy here at our local Caddy dealer who has taken tons of time to work with me. Problem is they can't seem to get a 2010 with the specs I want, as they are a smaller (but not small) dealer. Don, my sales guy over there actually does vin checks for me from other dealers inventory to ensure I pick something decent . . and he told me "first thing . . bring it to us so we can ensure you are in good hands" . . so, they will be the ones servicing the vehicle.

If not for Don, then yes . . I agree - I would not be looking at non-caddy dealers.

THANKS for all the great info . . . my goal is to have one parked outside before the end of the month . .

Just waiting a few days, until at least the 10th because Cadillac may (or may not) offer new incentives on the 10th of May. If, by chance, they were to do something crazy - like offer a $3,000 cash rebate, that would put a 2011 within reach. My dealer can offer me a new 2011 LUX, AWD with NAV for just under invoice . . . just under $42,000. With a $3,000 rebate . . it would be in the $39,000 range . . .and I have been scoping some 2010's at that price . . . .so hmmmmmm

And, if the incentives suck . . that's ok. 2010's are sharp . . . and a little less on the pocket :)

Truth is the 20's DO give a firmer ride than the 18's. I objected to it at first but now just keep 1-2 less lbs of air in my tires (except on long high speed trips with 4 passengers) and am quite happy. I made the decision for a Performance, because the HID headlites (Xenon) are mandatory in my opinion. The Fog lites are a nice extra both for looks and seeing the road!

My advice: Test a Performance or Premium model with the 20's, for the ride handling delta vs the 18's on the Luxury model. If you can live with the 20's ride/handling, the rest is just frill. Get a Perf or Prem model equipped w/ extras you like.

The Ambiance lighting is that "pinstripe light" you see in the Capt's pix, running along the dash. All models have it except possibly the Base model.

Also, I hope you are buying from a Caddy Dealer, whatever you do, as there are Service Bulletins/issues as with any new cars and only a GOOD Caddy Dealer will get you thru the SRX stuff. Price ain't everything ;)

Best wishes!

SS

Smokin' SRX
05-07-11, 01:43 PM
Don't forget the 2011's have FREE maintenance, for 4 years/50K miles I believe! Deduct that from the $ 42K and you may be closer to the 39K price you wish! Also , 2011 have Onstar 9.0. It can Start,Unlock/Lock, blow Horns/lights , by cell phone, from almost anywhere in world! If you are a techno junkie like me, it may matter! LOL

Also a longer guaranty period vs a used model. (they may offer remainder of 2010 OEM warranty at BEST!) An extra year even, on a rolling computer like this sled is worth $1k? For $1-2K more, it's a no-brainer to me. But it's your $$

Best wishes!

SS

cz9h3d
05-07-11, 03:18 PM
Here is some clarity on the 2010 Packaging. Brochures and the website don't give one this information in the simplest form.

For 2010 - here are what the collections add over the base 1SA SRX

Luxury Collection:
-Leather seating surfaces
-Sapele Wood-trim interior
-Heated front seats
-8 way pwr passenger seat
-Adjustable driver thigh support
-Power lumbar
-Memory (seats, mirrors, pedals)
-Autodimming inside and outside rearview mirrors
-Power folding outside mirrors
-Bluetooth for phone
-Rainsense Wipers
-Power liftgate with programmable height
-Universal garage door opener
-Power adjustable pedals
-Front/rear park assist
-Interior ambient lighting
-Remote start
-18" machined wheels
-Chrome roof rails
-Rear cargo shade
-Rear u-rail system with adjustable hooks
-Ultraview sunroof

Performance Collection:
-Navigation with rear camera
-Adaptive Forward Lighting (i.e. HID)
-Headlamp washers
-20" wheels/tires
-Foglamps
-ZF Speed Sensitive Variable Assist Steering
-FE3 Real-Time Damping Suspension on AWD only

Premium Collection:
-Front ventilated seats
-Keyless access (i.e. vehicle sense presence of the fob)
-Rear outboard heated seats
-Rear HVAC control
-Rear seat audio controls

Okay - now for my editorial. Most SRX's sold have been Luxury collections. It's a very well-equipped vehicle. Add Navigation and you really have a nice vehicle. However, I personally like some of the unique features you get when you walk up to the Performance Collection.

-20" wheels and tires: The premium painted 20" wheels look great, but are exceedingly rare as most dealers tend to slap on the chrome tech wheels. Not my cup of tea at all, but I know lots of people like shiny things. They are a plastic cover bonded to an aluminum wheel. I just like the more premium look of the regular 20" wheel, as well as the exclusivity.

-The FE3 suspension is on the AWD versions of Performance and Premium. This is a computer controlled real-time damping suspension that allows the vehicle to react instantly to changes in the road and driving style to give you the best of ride and handling. It does drive up the cost of AWD on the Performance and Premium collections.

-Adaptive Forward Lighting. I love HID headlamps. These steer in accordance to the vehicle direction, but also have a leveling feature based on how slow/fast the vehicle is moving - they raise up as you drive faster to light the road further ahead. I love these headlights.

The sport mode on the transmission (i.e. moving the shifter over) can help transform the vehicle. On vehicle with the FE3 suspension and ZF steering, it even changes the response of those systems.

SRX includes a electronic limited slip rear axle (eLSD). This system is much better than what Lexus offers, and is equal to or better than the Audi or Acura. I believe up to 80-90% of the torque can go to the rear axle when needed, and then the rear can actually determine which side to send it too - no open differential here. It's not just something for those snow days, but will help keep the rear end following the front when you are doing "spirited driving" - it just sends more torque to the appropriate rear wheel to keep the car going in the direction you want. I wonder if this cuts down on "drifting"? Haven't done a lot of gravel or dirt track maneuvers on mine;)

Anyways - great thread, hope you don't mind my sell job too much ;)

Kuya
05-07-11, 10:32 PM
Again . . thank you everyone for such great and thorough information. It has been a GREAT help.

I am now in a much better position to make up my mind, although I still have some thinking to do, but at least now I know WHAT to think about.

If I end up getting a 2011, then I will absolutely go for the Lux AWD, simply because of cost.

If I pick up a 2010, I will first make an effort to dicker down on a Premium or Performance . . . there are lots of them listing for $39,995 and if I can find a way to talk one down to $37,500 . . I will. Otherwise, I will probably settle for the Lux . . as I can pick up one of the AWD LUX with NAV - 2010 for around $36,000.

Unfortunately, for me, money is still a factor. A $42,000 2011 with free maintenance, etc . . may be smart choice . . but you must remember . . .when I first set out to buy a new vehicle, about 6 months ago, I was looking at a 2006 H2 for around $28,000. Then I fell in love with the SRX, but only the new style . . so that forces a 2010 or newer, and a minimum price of $36,000 because I must have the AWD and NAV.

So, even at $36,000 . . I am already $8,000 over my initial budget . . . I can talk myself into $39,000 . . . but $42.000 just is not in the cards for me . . If you consider that I jumped from $28,000 to $39,000 already . .

However, thanks to the great information I am able to create a priority lists . . . and then make a wise decision:

AWD
NAV
Ambient lighting

Secondary Wants:
Real Time Suspension
Adaptive Headlights
Ventilated Seats

So, I will try my luck at landing a 2010 Premium, but won't hold my breath . . being that these vehicles are in high demand, dealers don't seem to be willing to move much right now, even on used.

Next, I will try to make a best deal to get a 2011 LUX AWD, NAV for $39,000 . . but don't have a lot of hope for that either lol.

Ultimately, I will settle for the 2010 LUX , NAV, AWD . . and that is still an awesome car . . .

Thank you again !!!!!!

Kuya
05-08-11, 02:07 AM
Two last questions . . .

1. On the 2011, is it still the same that the Ambient lighting is standard on the Lux models?

2. For the mobile onstar app (2011's) where you can unlock your car, start, etc from anywhere in the world: I am guessing that you must also be an Onstar Subscriber for this to work?

I am sure Onstar has it's greatness . . however, I would rather not opt for it, considering there is an in dash nav, and blue tooth . . .

TheCaptain
05-08-11, 01:26 PM
1. Yes. (Apparently Canadian Lux's do not get ABL until '11. '10's had it in Lux Performance and up)

2. Also yes.

cz9h3d
05-09-11, 10:30 AM
Duh! Sorry, my long list was 2010 "U.S." packaging. My apologies if the question was around Canadian.

Kuya
05-09-11, 06:39 PM
Question was U.S. :) I think he was just clarifying that Canadian models do not have the same standard options . . .

Thank you everyone for all of the great information. I am now ready to shop!!

daddie2k3
05-16-11, 02:37 AM
Before you say no to 2011 based on onstar remember its more than you think and also if you are already driving it's a WHOLE lot easier to get them to navi you instead of parking and setting up or even so you can program by voice...good luck...but as far as mobile app...it's the best!! Even if you never feel like you would never unlock from phone remember remote start with confirmation (I.e. Start from you bed or inside a shopping mall in winter...no need to look for parking as your phone tells you the SRX is running) and something I use all the time is my gas,tire, & oil monitor because don't think about it while in car I can check from inside the house

Kuya
05-16-11, 07:17 AM
I actually agree. I was leaning towards a 2011 FWD Lux w/Nav at this point. I wanted the gadgets!!! I was all set to go in today (Monday) to try to close a deal . . . . but then I took one last look on line and I found a 2010 Platinum Ice AWD Premium model that was a really good deal. Only 10 months old with 15kmi . . . . AND . . .they were only asking $37,500 and I talked them down to $45,000. For a Premium, that is a steal. So I put down a deposit and hope for the best. Will know later today or tomorrow if the financing goes through.

It was just a deal that seemed to good to pass up. I will still have onstar . . .just can't unlock or start from phone :(

Before you say no to 2011 based on onstar remember its more than you think and also if you are already driving it's a WHOLE lot easier to get them to navi you instead of parking and setting up or even so you can program by voice...good luck...but as far as mobile app...it's the best!! Even if you never feel like you would never unlock from phone remember remote start with confirmation (I.e. Start from you bed or inside a shopping mall in winter...no need to look for parking as your phone tells you the SRX is running) and something I use all the time is my gas,tire, & oil monitor because don't think about it while in car I can check from inside the house

Smokin' SRX
05-16-11, 10:55 PM
BE SURE AND TEST DRIVE IT............A LOT!! Some 2010 had terrible noise problems fro front stuts/mounts. Go for a 1 hour test drive on all kinds of bumps and roads. Speed doesn't seem to be an issue with the SRX.. If you smoothly hit 75MPH once, you'll be OK in that area.

Try the radio, memory seats, A/C controls etc.
I am a suspicious dude and a 2010 traded may be a problem sled and you don't want to spend days having your warranty honored.

Best wishes

SS

daddie2k3
05-17-11, 01:48 AM
Yes best wishes and keep us posted...

Kuya
05-17-11, 09:00 PM
After talking with Smok'n . . I am a bit nervous, but overall I think everything is ok. I did test drive the car, and saw no issues. I will drive the car one last time on Thursday before I take official delivery and check the things he mentioned.

The car is still fully warrantied for over 3 years . . . and I have no problem making a stand to get warranty work done. This would not be the first auto maker/dealer I bumped heads with in my life. My local Caddy dealer seems pretty good and I don't expect issues.

But, like smok'n I sleep with one eye open.

The story on the car (so I am told) is that it was a trade-in, not auction. For that, I am happy. Auction cars can have more hidden histories. The car was purchased in the same town and on the same road as where it was traded in, just 10 months ago. The buyer put ALOT of cash down on the car when he bought it, but later could not handle the payments. His only way out was to trade it in on a very very low end cheap Hyundai. For this reason, the dealer was able to literally steal the SRX from him . . . thus having a lot of room to negotiate resale price and still make a very good profit.

CarFax shows no issues, no recalls. It only shows regular service and inspection.

If my second test drive goes well on Thurs, then I a am confident in taking her home.

I will let you know how things end up.

Marc NY
05-17-11, 10:44 PM
If you can get the VIN# I can run a history on it for you. Tell you what service was done or warranty work etc.

Kuya
05-18-11, 07:11 AM
Marc,

I sent you a PM with the VIN. Thank you for offering to run it for me. I appreciate it very much.

Marc NY
05-18-11, 07:31 AM
I can't send a PM back... limited :bigroll:

Required Field Actions Open field actions are highlighted
Type Number Original Nbr Description Release Date Status
Service Update Bulletins N100236 10236 FRT FENDER MOLDING MAY PARTIALLY/FULLY DETACH-INV & CUST-EXP W/BASE WARR 10/25/2010 Closed
Customer Satisfaction Program N100309 10309 CADILLAC SRX POWER STEERING FLUID LEAK 11/05/2010 Closed

Transaction History View Details
Job Card Date Job Card Number Transaction Type Transaction Adjustment Labour Operation Odometer Reading
04/22/2011 0729374 ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction R0766 - Radio with integrated receiver - return to ESC 14,627 MI
04/22/2011 236139 ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction N9991 - Customer Concern Not Duplicated - OnStar®/Bluetooth 14,627 MI
04/15/2011 235765 ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction R0759 - Radio Reprogramming with SPS 14,404 MI
04/15/2011 235765 ZFAT----Field Action Recall V2336 - 10236 - Inspect Front Fender Inner Panel Access Opening Covers 14,404 MI
04/15/2011 235765 ZFAT----Field Action Recall V2337 - 10309 - Install Power Steering Gear Outlet Tube Bracket and Conduit 14,404 MI
08/16/2010 349844 ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction D9995 - Customer Concern Not Duplicated - HVAC 4,366 MI
05/22/2010 A38145 ZPDI----Pre-Delivery Inspection Z7000 - Pre-Delivery Inspection - Base Time 1 MI

Vehicle Information
VIN: 3G*******S638145 Model: 6NL26-2010 SRX V6
Service Contract: No Branded Title: No Warranty Block: No PDI Status: Yes
Order Type: 60 - RETAIL - SOLD
Field Actions: 0 Open

Vehicle Build
Model: 6NL26-2010 SRX V6 Order Number: NXFVD0
Gross Vehicle Weight: 2,522 Build Date: 05/21/2010

Option Codes *IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

01A - INTERIOR TRIM 1AB - DOOR TRIM
1SE - PREMIUM COLLECTION 1SZ - OPTION DISCOUNT
2BX - SAPELE WOOD TRIM PACKAGE 44F - WOOD TRIM PACKAGE
4AA - INTERIOR TRIM 5AD - SAPELE SHIFT KNOB
6AB - SUSPENSION 7AB - SUSPENSION
8X2 - SUSPENSION 9X2 - SUSPENSION
AAB - DRIVER MEMORY PACKAGE AFC - EBONY WITH TITANIUM
AG2 - POWER SEAT ADJUSTER AL0 - AUTO OCCUPANT SENSING
AL2 - POWER LUMBAR ANY - REAR CARGO STORAGE
AR9 - FRONT BUCKET SEATS ASV - HUMIDITY SENSOR
ATH - PASSIVE ENTRY SYSTEM AXP - MPV
AY0 - AIRBAGS BTP - NON-HYDROCARBON ABSORBER
BTV - REMOTE VEHICLE START C3U - SUNROOF, POWER ULTRAVIEW
C6S - GVW RATING, 2,520 KG CE4 - HEADLAMP WASHERS
CEC - WIPERS, RAINSENSE CJ4 - TRI-ZONE HVAC
D42 - REAR CARGO SHADE DCP - ONSTAR, DIRECTION AND CONNECT
DD8 - MIRROR, ISRV DR4 - MIRRORS, OSRV POWER, HEATED
E2C - ORDER TO DELIVERY EXPEDIATE EBS - SEAT TRIM
EF7 - USA EPM - CONVERSION CODE
F07 - REAR AXLE, 3.39 RATIO F45 - CHASSIS, VARIABLE DAMPING
F46 - ALL-WHEEL DRIVE FBJ - INTERIOR TRIM
FE3 - SUSPENSION, SPORT GBR - PLATINUM ICE TRICOAT
JF4 - POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS JJK - SUSPENSION
JL9 - BRAKES 4-WHEEL ANTILOCK KA1 - HEATED SEATS
KA6 - HEATED REAR SEATS KG4 - 150 AMP GENERATOR
KU1 - VENTED DRIVER SEAT KU3 - VENTED PASS SEAT
LF1 - 3.0L VVT DOHC V6 SIDI ENGINE LHD - LEFT HAND DRIVE
MH4 - TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC NE1 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS
NP5 - LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL NU5 - EMISSIONS, CALIFORNIA
NV7 - POWER STEERING, VARIABLE Q62 - 20" PAINTED ALUMINUM WHEELS
QRX - 20" ALS BW TIRES R9N - PROCESSING CODE - INTERIOR TRIM
R9Z - POMS EXPEDITE-SOLD ORDERS/TSE SAL - RAMOS ARIZPE
SLL - SOLD ORDER T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
T96 - FOG LAMPS TB5 - POWER LIFT GATE
TSQ - INTERIOR LAMP PACKAGE TT6 - XENON HEADLAMPS
U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION SOLD SEPARATELY BY SIRIUS/XM AFTER 90 DAYS U30 - CLUSTER
U70 - DRIVER INFO CENTER DISPLAY UA6 - THEFT DETERENT
UD5 - PARKING ASSIST, FRONT/REAR UE1 - 1 YR ONSTAR DIRECTIONS WITH AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE & TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DLR ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)
UEC - SENSOR AUTO AIR RECIRC. UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
ULD - AUDIO CONTROLS REAR SEATS UPF - BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE
UQS - BOSE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND UVC - REAR VIEW CAMERA
UWG - ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, REAR SEAT DUAL SCREEN DVD WITH WIRELESS HEADPHONES AND REMOTE CONTROL UYS - AUDIO SYS W/ NAV
V64 - ROOF RAILS, SILVER V8D - US VEHICLE STATEMENT
VH9 - OWNER INFO ENVELOPE VK3 - LICENSE PLATE MOUNTING PKG
VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL VVO - SAPELE CONSOLE
VZ3 - MERCURY DISPOSAL

Kuya
05-18-11, 12:07 PM
Marc NY . . THANK YOU for this information.

I am not knowledgeable of car mechanics. Therefore, nothing major stands out to me as being "horrible".

Can you or anyone else see any red 'Do not buy" or "buyer beware" flags?

Thank you!

I can't send a PM back... limited :bigroll:

Required Field Actions Open field actions are highlighted
Type Number Original Nbr Description Release Date Status
Service Update Bulletins N100236 10236 FRT FENDER MOLDING MAY PARTIALLY/FULLY DETACH-INV & CUST-EXP W/BASE WARR 10/25/2010 Closed
Customer Satisfaction Program N100309 10309 CADILLAC SRX POWER STEERING FLUID LEAK 11/05/2010 Closed

Transaction History View Details
Job Card Date Job Card Number Transaction Type Transaction Adjustment Labour Operation Odometer Reading
04/22/2011 0729374 ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction R0766 - Radio with integrated receiver - return to ESC 14,627 MI
04/22/2011 236139 ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction N9991 - Customer Concern Not Duplicated - OnStar®/Bluetooth 14,627 MI
04/15/2011 235765 ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction R0759 - Radio Reprogramming with SPS 14,404 MI
04/15/2011 235765 ZFAT----Field Action Recall V2336 - 10236 - Inspect Front Fender Inner Panel Access Opening Covers 14,404 MI
04/15/2011 235765 ZFAT----Field Action Recall V2337 - 10309 - Install Power Steering Gear Outlet Tube Bracket and Conduit 14,404 MI
08/16/2010 349844 ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction D9995 - Customer Concern Not Duplicated - HVAC 4,366 MI
05/22/2010 A38145 ZPDI----Pre-Delivery Inspection Z7000 - Pre-Delivery Inspection - Base Time 1 MI

Vehicle Information
VIN: 3G*******S638145 Model: 6NL26-2010 SRX V6
Service Contract: No Branded Title: No Warranty Block: No PDI Status: Yes
Order Type: 60 - RETAIL - SOLD
Field Actions: 0 Open

Vehicle Build
Model: 6NL26-2010 SRX V6 Order Number: NXFVD0
Gross Vehicle Weight: 2,522 Build Date: 05/21/2010

Option Codes *IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

01A - INTERIOR TRIM 1AB - DOOR TRIM
1SE - PREMIUM COLLECTION 1SZ - OPTION DISCOUNT
2BX - SAPELE WOOD TRIM PACKAGE 44F - WOOD TRIM PACKAGE
4AA - INTERIOR TRIM 5AD - SAPELE SHIFT KNOB
6AB - SUSPENSION 7AB - SUSPENSION
8X2 - SUSPENSION 9X2 - SUSPENSION
AAB - DRIVER MEMORY PACKAGE AFC - EBONY WITH TITANIUM
AG2 - POWER SEAT ADJUSTER AL0 - AUTO OCCUPANT SENSING
AL2 - POWER LUMBAR ANY - REAR CARGO STORAGE
AR9 - FRONT BUCKET SEATS ASV - HUMIDITY SENSOR
ATH - PASSIVE ENTRY SYSTEM AXP - MPV
AY0 - AIRBAGS BTP - NON-HYDROCARBON ABSORBER
BTV - REMOTE VEHICLE START C3U - SUNROOF, POWER ULTRAVIEW
C6S - GVW RATING, 2,520 KG CE4 - HEADLAMP WASHERS
CEC - WIPERS, RAINSENSE CJ4 - TRI-ZONE HVAC
D42 - REAR CARGO SHADE DCP - ONSTAR, DIRECTION AND CONNECT
DD8 - MIRROR, ISRV DR4 - MIRRORS, OSRV POWER, HEATED
E2C - ORDER TO DELIVERY EXPEDIATE EBS - SEAT TRIM
EF7 - USA EPM - CONVERSION CODE
F07 - REAR AXLE, 3.39 RATIO F45 - CHASSIS, VARIABLE DAMPING
F46 - ALL-WHEEL DRIVE FBJ - INTERIOR TRIM
FE3 - SUSPENSION, SPORT GBR - PLATINUM ICE TRICOAT
JF4 - POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS JJK - SUSPENSION
JL9 - BRAKES 4-WHEEL ANTILOCK KA1 - HEATED SEATS
KA6 - HEATED REAR SEATS KG4 - 150 AMP GENERATOR
KU1 - VENTED DRIVER SEAT KU3 - VENTED PASS SEAT
LF1 - 3.0L VVT DOHC V6 SIDI ENGINE LHD - LEFT HAND DRIVE
MH4 - TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC NE1 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS
NP5 - LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL NU5 - EMISSIONS, CALIFORNIA
NV7 - POWER STEERING, VARIABLE Q62 - 20" PAINTED ALUMINUM WHEELS
QRX - 20" ALS BW TIRES R9N - PROCESSING CODE - INTERIOR TRIM
R9Z - POMS EXPEDITE-SOLD ORDERS/TSE SAL - RAMOS ARIZPE
SLL - SOLD ORDER T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
T96 - FOG LAMPS TB5 - POWER LIFT GATE
TSQ - INTERIOR LAMP PACKAGE TT6 - XENON HEADLAMPS
U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION SOLD SEPARATELY BY SIRIUS/XM AFTER 90 DAYS U30 - CLUSTER
U70 - DRIVER INFO CENTER DISPLAY UA6 - THEFT DETERENT
UD5 - PARKING ASSIST, FRONT/REAR UE1 - 1 YR ONSTAR DIRECTIONS WITH AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE & TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DLR ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)
UEC - SENSOR AUTO AIR RECIRC. UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
ULD - AUDIO CONTROLS REAR SEATS UPF - BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE
UQS - BOSE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND UVC - REAR VIEW CAMERA
UWG - ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, REAR SEAT DUAL SCREEN DVD WITH WIRELESS HEADPHONES AND REMOTE CONTROL UYS - AUDIO SYS W/ NAV
V64 - ROOF RAILS, SILVER V8D - US VEHICLE STATEMENT
VH9 - OWNER INFO ENVELOPE VK3 - LICENSE PLATE MOUNTING PKG
VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL VVO - SAPELE CONSOLE
VZ3 - MERCURY DISPOSAL

Marc NY
05-18-11, 12:11 PM
I don't see anything that is outside the ordinary. I.E. any campaigns or recalls appear that they were all taken care of.

Kuya
05-18-11, 12:37 PM
Thanks again Marc NY for providing this information. I test drove the car, but because I got it at such a low price, I shared the same concerns as Smok'n. I began to wonder if I was buying a lemon.

No car is perfect. Some are always better than others. This does put my mind more at ease that it is not a horrible purchase. Full warranty for more than 3 more years . . so I feel good. I will, as planned, bring the car home tomorrow.

Thank you again! And to everyone who helped ensure my buying experience was well thought out!!!

I don't see anything that is outside the ordinary. I.E. any campaigns or recalls appear that they were all taken care of.

Smokin' SRX
05-18-11, 09:59 PM
Marc, you're amazing! Good job.

I also saw nothing too worrisome in the report. looks like a few normal complaints we hear . A/C always cold? Usually a Config adjustment by customer. As long as it blows cold for at least 20 minutes. Some here had that issue ongoing.

" Front inner fender access inner panel" ?? She didn't hear any front end noises.... should be OK.

Looks OK , but I'm no expert at reading these sketchy reports.

It's a beauty! Air-conditioned front seats and heated rear seats!! A true Premium!

Make sure the warranty transfers and you should be OK.

Best of luck and let us know pls.

SS

Kuya
05-20-11, 12:26 AM
Latest Update:

Everything seems to have gone well. We picked her up today. Did a nice long test drive prior to signing the papers. . . Dealer was running behind so we used it as a great excuse to take her out for an hour for lunch (although no lunch was eaten . . we just drove her).

Can't find a damn thing wrong. So we signed the paperwork and handed the check over. 3.5 hour ride home . . getting up to over 80 mph . . and no noises, and no known issues. All seems well, for now.

http://dreamxl.com/srx/image.jpeg\

http://dreamxl.com/srx/image-2.jpeg

Marc NY
05-20-11, 07:05 AM
Awesome looking SRX!!!!

Good Luck ! :)

*NOTE: No more Platinum Ice or White of any shade for 2012... so you won't see too many more on the road than what already out there.

Kuya
05-20-11, 09:19 AM
Thanks Marc!!! Actually platinum ice was my third choice if I was able to select my colors. Originally I only wanted Black or Flannel Gray. I have seen a few of the FG out on the road and they were very sharp looking. Plat Ice is a color that actually grew on me over time. Now I am totally in love with it. Now, plat ice is my favorite . . .

I still can't believe that I got this AWD Prem . . for only $34,995. Dealer said they took my offer because cars like these (on a Hyundai lot) are a hit or miss. They may sell or they may sit on the lot for months. Not too many people come to Hyundai and Kia lots looking for Cadillacs.

Regardless . . I drove home one happy person last night.

I had even read the manual on line a few days ago, so I was able to figure out most settings in the car (knowing the non Caddy dealership would not be able to help me much there). Got my iphone paired up . GREAT bluetooth phone in that car! Really awesome clarity. I love the BT phone system. We figured out the Nav, climate controls, seats, seat heat & cooling, etc.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Caddy.

Thanks Marck & Smokin . . and everyone else who helped me ensure this was a good car (at least for now).

cz9h3d
05-20-11, 10:05 AM
Very nice looking vehicle. Platinum Ice w/Ebony is a great combination. And you actually found a vehicle with the aluminum 20" wheels - beautiful.

As a 2010MY, your vehicle did not come with the rear cargo fence but has the track. You might want to consider getting one (as well as the hooks under the floor storage cover in order to store it). I find it quite useful.

Smokin' SRX
05-20-11, 10:58 AM
Many congrats!!! I also have the white and it's a head-turner!! So happy for you and glad my paranoia for you was unwarranted. Just wanted to see you avoid a possible lemon, which can occur in any brand. I think you got a PEACH! LOL

Many members here have posted pix of nice winter/summer mats. lighting options (even thou you are really hooked-up w/ that Premium edition!) and finally some side molding trim ideas. I also posted pix, of side moldings/dress-up stuff on my album if interested. When ready take a look at us.

For now, ENJOY and keep us up-to-date on any concerns. Many are merely programming/configuration issues that you or Dealer can easily resolve!

Best wishes.

SS

Kuya
05-20-11, 11:08 AM
Thanks!! I too love the Ebony/Titanium inside. Many of the Plat Ice I found, had . . . what I call "poop brown" accents. Not that there's anything wrong with "poop brown" just that it was not appealing to me. This car was just a perfect 10 for me.

Also . . . the SRX DID come with the rear cargo fence in the back, already installed. The previous owner must have purchased one, so I am good there! Now, if only he had purchased a Spare Tire Kit too . . . that would have been nice! I may invest in one in a few months. I have only had one flat in my entire "driving life" but, we will be driving this car from here in NY to Florida in December and I don't want to risk getting stuck out in nowhere with a flat that can not be repaired with a can of air . . . and I have no spare.

I actually don't want to take up my storage space with a spare . . I just don't want to risk getting a whole day delay or two (depending on availability of tires) . . when we are driving to a crusie ship that does not wait for us.

Very nice looking vehicle. Platinum Ice w/Ebony is a great combination. And you actually found a vehicle with the aluminum 20" wheels - beautiful.

As a 2010MY, your vehicle did not come with the rear cargo fence but has the track. You might want to consider getting one (as well as the hooks under the floor storage cover in order to store it). I find it quite useful.

dctex99
05-20-11, 12:06 PM
Good idea on the spare; alot of us in similar thinkiing;;too bad Cadillac had to strip that spare from we US customers....

Smokin' SRX
05-20-11, 12:20 PM
You are wise. Get the spare and take it out and put storage tray back in, when back home if you like. Takes 15 minutes! I don't mind not having a spare with me if it's only 15-30 min away and I have a good chance of getting it in a local emergency..... but on a trans-coastal trip, don't leave home without one! LOL

SS

daddie2k3
05-22-11, 07:57 AM
Congrats!!! You have a beauty I actually only seen one white 2nd gen SRX where I live and it was a sweet! with the chrome techs...so once again congrats