: Pin Striping on the SRX

Jake2010
05-06-11, 02:22 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone gotten their SRX pin striped? I'm considering it but I've been looking at the lines of the car and I'm not sure how they would do it. Please post pics if you got'em!

Thanks!

Kuya
05-07-11, 10:32 PM
I do not have an SRX yet, but will soon.

In shopping around, I recall seeing a red one with pinstripes on AutoTrader.com a while back . . . I did not care for the striping at all. It looked VERY after market . . .

Maybe would look good on the right color . . but not something I personally like

Cooper10
05-08-11, 07:32 AM
Pinstripe looks very nice on Goldmist

rervf23
05-08-11, 04:25 PM
I like the pin stripe in Cooper10's photo. I was just wondering if we can have a picture of the back of the car, wondering if the pin stripe went all the way around.

Bob

Cooper10
05-08-11, 08:09 PM
Bob,
The pin stripes are painted on the sides only. The rear hatch has no stripe.

Jake2010
05-09-11, 08:06 AM
Thanks Copper10... that does look nice! So they followed the window line onto the fender, that's how I was thinking they would do it.

Looks great though! Thanks for posting the pic.

Ponyman
05-09-11, 08:09 AM
Out Platinumn Ice has light gold pinstripes much like cooper's on it. they werer dealer installed for $120, and have a small Cadillac crest incorporated into the strriping, just back of the outside mirrors. They look really good. I saw one SRX at our dealr's taht had some big clunky stripes on it. They loked horrible. Mty dealer said it was a dealer trade behicle, and they would be removing them before selling the car. They were tapoe, the ones on my car were painted on.

Smokin' SRX
05-09-11, 10:52 PM
My 2 cents............the SRX already has an upper "swish" (sorry Nike) and a lower body flat plateau, about 7 " above the lower black treatment. Adding more is just too busy IMHO.

A while back , I put up photos on where I placed my body side moldings..........on the plateau...........just to avoid adding more side lines.

I guess to each their own.

SS