: Rear Air Shocks, PSI Numbers

SDCaddyLacky
05-06-11, 05:56 AM
I just installed new rear air shocks on my Caddy, I went with the manual setup which I prefer. My question is, does anyone know what is a good PSI number is for a good ride quality? The rear end still looks high even when their is hardly any air in the shocks, which is around 20 PSI, and when it's that low the car rides much rougher. So I have the shocks at around 55 PSI now, and it feels a little better, but damn I thought the rear end of these cars would ride a lot softer, and cushy, but that's not the case because it still feels really stiff, almost like the Caddy is Honda Civic.

Maybe purchasing a set of Monroe Matic front shocks might help, because as of now I have the Sensa Tracs, I don't want the road sensing crap, stiffening up valving when on rough roads because that's how the Caddy rides for some reason, my guess is to use the regular mid price "cheapies", with no added handling benefits, to help achieve that soft "Cadillac" ride.

cadillac_al
05-06-11, 07:14 AM
I think I only run 10-20 lbs in my Seville. My level ride still works fine but the PO disconnected it to do things the old fashioned way. It hasn't bothered me enough to hook it back up though. I only pump them up a little if I load the trunk with luggage.